• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Current Battery eligible for 2024 rebate?

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Trying to figure out if there is any clear indication of whether the current '23 battery will be fully eligible by 2024 IRA rules. No-one knows exactly what the '24 battery is necessarily so I'm not worried about that at moment. If I ordered a '23 today and it was delivered in Jan, would it's battery get the full rebates. I know the magical required %'s change each year during the IRA program and I'm not sure it's stated anywhere what the %'s are for the current battery and if they still meet the threshold for next year.

Though the build page promises 3 month turn around we know those arent reliable and can be off by months.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I would doubt you'd ever see a '2023' model delivered in '24... that would not make sense for Ford or any manufacturer - likely, if you are able to order a '23, and it gets too late in the year, they will produce it as a '24 instead...
now, whether the 'battery' is up to spec to meet the full 'battery EV credit' part of the whole $7,500 maximum Tax Credit is up in the air - I'm sure Ford is already planning for this prospective requirement.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I would doubt you'd ever see a '2023' model delivered in '24... that would not make sense for Ford or any manufacturer - likely, if you are able to order a '23, and it gets too late in the year, they will produce it as a '24 instead...
now, whether the 'battery' is up to spec to meet the full 'battery EV credit' part of the whole $7,500 maximum Tax Credit is up in the air - I'm sure Ford is already planning for this prospective requirement.
Exactly, this isn’t Tesla. The only way to get a prior year in a current year is an existing inventory or dealer demo. But that wouldn’t be an ordering situation.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
'24 manufacturing is on track to start much later this year (mid Oct). Given the way many finished vehicles sit on storage lots and missing trains it's feasible the last 23s might not deliver til 24

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
'24 manufacturing is on track to start much later this year (mid Oct). Given the way many finished vehicles sit on storage lots and missing trains it's feasible the last 23s might not deliver til 24
The big advantage is that starting in 2024, you get a POS credit (assuming you qualify & under $80K) on your purchase as opposed to having to file the credit the following year.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yep, and I certainly like the idea of the 'on the spot' credit, versus having to wait to 'file' your taxes well into the next year, which could delay your 'money' for up to 15 or more months...

but, I suppose, also, that while this immediate credit sounds enticing, you'll still be required to 'rectify' this full credit on your taxes, having to 'give back' what you might not have actually qualified for.... interesting...
Sponsored