• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck Prices and Trim

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Jim Farley must be popping champagne right now. Tesla probably had the best shot at one upping the Lightning and came up way short on the range and price.
Yeah, Iā€™d have to spend $100K on the CyberBeast to do better than my Lariat ER. And even then is it really better? Faster 0-60 time, after roll-out (donā€™t care)ā€¦. Smaller frunkā€¦. Similar overall capability, slightly better but not enough to matter or get me to spend that much when I already have my Lightning. Audacious looks and I need to wrap it to have any color other than Commercial Refrigerator. The best feature of Cybertruck is actually its 800V battery architecture for faster charging. Iā€˜m pretty sure the ā€˜25 Lighting/ T3 truck will get that. And 2024 Lighting is getting a heat pump. ā€¦Oh, the 4-wheel steering is nice.

I think Tesla would have done themselves much better if they had stuck to a traditional pickup truck form factor and allowed for a large pack like GM is doing. They could have killed it and probably given us 500+ miles of range, no problem. Sure, it would still be expensive, but I think they could have got closer to the mark that way.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I would assume so. I'm going to guess $20-25k.

But there is a certain value of the concept. A big one is that it could be purchasable after the initial purchase of the vehicle, thus sidestepping the tax credit price restrictions. Which I think is clever. It also means that you don't need to carry it around all the time on day to day commuting.

Obvious install/removal logistics notwithstanding. Personally, I would like to see a rental model, where one could swing by their local Tesla showroom, have it dropped into the best and connected, and then roll out.

And itā€™s probably very expensive.

Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I would assume so. I'm going to guess $20-25k.

But there is a certain value of the concept. A big one is that it could be purchasable after the initial purchase of the vehicle, thus sidestepping the tax credit price restrictions. Which I think is clever. It also means that you don't need to carry it around all the time on day to day commuting.

Obvious install/removal logistics notwithstanding. Personally, I would like to see a rental model, where one could swing by their local Tesla showroom, have it dropped into the best and connected, and then roll out.
I wonder if this combined with the Ramcharger will make Ford dig out the tool box shaped range extender they find a patent on. My biggest concern/worry is about what range will look like at 150,000 miles on my lightning, well and resale value lol.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Itā€™s a $16k option for 100 miles
Thatā€˜s a better deal than Rivianā€™s Max Pack. Too bad it takes up 1/3 of the bed. I wonder how heavy it is and how easy it is to swap in and out?

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Stole this from the CT Forum

"Per the code on the configurator site .. its required to be installed by the service center. So probably not user removable either. So you are just permanently losing 1/3rd of the bed"

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck Prices and Trim 1701384333604

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Completely underwhelming event.
Baseball vs steel ball.
Exoskeleton nonsense still being peddled.
Tommy Gun rounds are subsonic.
Elon didnā€™t even bother to mention pricing during the stream, because he knows that itā€™s not competitive.

Ford now owns the working end of the market. Rivian owns the Whole Foods parking lot. The Cybertruck is just for Tesla-stans.

I love my Lightning Lariat ER!

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Stole this from the CT Forum

"Per the code on the configurator site .. its required to be installed by the service center. So probably not user removable either. So you are just permanently losing 1/3rd of the bed"

1701384333604.jpeg
Itā€™s a permanent install and takes up the same space used by the spare tire kit.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Itā€™s a permanent install and takes up the same space used by the spare tire kit.
Exactly... Will you be willing to give up the bed space for 130 more range with $16K more? :unsure:
Sponsored