• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dash Camera from Ford accessories ?

Lussoauto

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT`
Occupation
ppf/tint shop owner
I am looking into getting the Ford Dash Cam. anyone have it that can give me their opinion and review?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Works fine for me
Did have the media card become corrupted and it started rebooting every five minutes, but a new card fixed it.
Not a big high techy thing and the image is okay, but the only reason I got it for the new truck is because someone turned left in fron of me in December and totaled my 98 Chev. ( has since been repaired)
I got the front and rear and had Ford install before I took the truck home.

OP
OP

Lussoauto

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT`
Occupation
ppf/tint shop owner
that is good to know. I found out about the points Ford gives when purchasing a new Vehicle. and think I want to get the camera with that. was about to order a blackvue, but might just get this instead

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I have the Ford dash cam and I would not buy it again. They force you to use their way over priced proprietary micro sd cards which eventually become corrupted. On the manufacturers website they admit the expected life of a card is only 6 months then you have to over pay for another.

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have the Ford dash cam and I would not buy it again. They force you to use their way over priced proprietary micro sd cards which eventually become corrupted. On the manufacturers website they admit the expected life of a card is only 6 months then you have to over pay for another.
So you cannot use SanDisk High Endurance or other third party brand?

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Maybe this is a dumb question but given all the cameras with copilot 360 why couldn’t they add a logging component to the system that stores footage from an incident.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
So you cannot use SanDisk High Endurance or other third party brand?
Nope. I tried buying a high quality SanDisk video recording sd card and it gave me errors.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Maybe this is a dumb question but given all the cameras with copilot 360 why couldn’t they add a logging component to the system that stores footage from an incident.
Right?????? This would be an obvious win.
Add to it the ability to VIEW cameras when in motion.....at least the truckbed/payload view.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Lariat 5.0L FX4; '14 Chevy Spark LS
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Manager
Nope. I tried buying a high quality SanDisk video recording sd card and it gave me errors.
I used a PNY I had laying around and it has been fine
Does anyone else have any experience with this? I'd also like to use my points for this, but not if I have to buy an overpriced proprietary micro SD card every six months. If a generic micro SD card will work then "free" is a good price for the system.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I think a better use of your money would be to get a known quality dash cam and have it professionally installed.

I'm currently running a Thinkware F100 w/ hardwire kit. Had it installed for me, looks great and almost stock. No special software needed, I just remove the sd card and I can get to the files just fine.

Ford F-150 Lightning Dash Camera from Ford accessories ? 1617905981403

Ford F-150 Lightning Dash Camera from Ford accessories ? 1617906017109
Sponsored