• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disable auto-dimming mirrors?

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Anyone found a way to turn off the auto-dimming mirrors?

With my dark tint, I'm finding that the autodimming is too much, and I think I'd be better off without it. I can't seem to find a control to turn it off. Short of obstructing the sensor, is there a setting anywhere to disable it? I've searched the manual, and am coming up empty.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Ford has never had a way to turn them off. Older trucks you could unplug the rear view mirror, but our newer trucks they have a lot more going on up there.

Reactions: GDN

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am also very interested in this. I want to disable it on the side mirrors. I don't care so much about the rear view but the dimming of the side mirrors creates a major safety issue for me because I can hardly see anything... I cant even believe it is a thing.

Is there something I can maybe unplug? I saw advice online to cover a sensor with tape... anyone know where the sensors are?
Sponsored