• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
But the most unbelievable part of your post was - You have a Radio Shack?
I was going to say the same thing.

When people just walk in front of me or are not paying attention, I use my horn so don't see much purpose here. Don't have my Lightning just yet, so can't really comment on the pedestrian warning. Although I don't think it makes a ton of difference if it's too loud or not... I mean, people happily step out in front of my diesel F-350. ...or walk behind when I'm backing up. People just don't think/care. I think the only sound the Lightning does that I will probably want to silence though is the frunk. I guess I'll see what it's like once I get to live with the truck a bit. Not going to tear the front of the truck apart just to disable a frunk beep/ speaker though... Maybe Forscan if it can be changed there.
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
  1. Goes to show the PWS is effectively useless
  2. When people walk in front of me, whether I'm driving the 6.0 turbodiesel, or Tesla or Rivian with its spaceship noise (which, to me, does not mean "careful, there's a car with no right of way behind you" …) I just wait for them. Whether they're elderly, or oblivious teenagers with airpods and their nose in tiktok, or just good, old fashioned stupid … a car horn won't teach them anything or help them (other than maybe into an early grave with a heart attack) and a car horn cannot communicate anything other than irritability in that situation.
  3. EVs need an "off" button for all the artificial noises … when I shift to an off-road mode, that should silence all the noises. Arriving home and backing into the garage, towing into an RV park and maneuvering the trailer at midnight … doesn't require back-up siren or PWS.
I like this cow bell idea. Land Rover put something similar on the Defender for passing cyclists, to make a "friendly" beep-beep instead of the full loudness of the horn.

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Did the install the other day on my Lightning. Got the bell off of Amazon, got an in-line fuse holder and a momentary adhesive pressure switch.​

Bell I Ordered: https://amzn.to/3iKqury

Literally the next day, found myself behind a car at a red light that turned green but the distracted driver didn't notice. A couple quick rings of rhe bell did the trick!

Video below!

Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Trolley Bell installed [updated with video] 🚃 20221204_054221

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Did the install the other day on my Lightning. Got the bell off of Amazon, got an in-line fuse holder and a momentary adhesive pressure switch.​

Bell I Ordered: https://amzn.to/3iKqury

Literally the next day, found myself behind a car at a red light that turned green but the distracted driver didn't notice. A couple quick rings of rhe bell did the trick!

Video below!

20221204_054221.jpg
Actual video sorry for the missing video in the last post here it is:

Sponsored

Last edited: