• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Lightning ordering (order bank open) not until April 2022 ?

BruinIvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Received an email from local dealer about October opening of ordering banks.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Received an email from local dealer about October opening of ordering banks.
I hope that this applies to the F150L. The order bank for the ICE F150's opens on 10/1 (per other threads) and I wonder if dealers are just lumping in the F150L reservations into their email blasts.

BruinIvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I hope that this applies to the F150L. The order bank for the ICE F150's opens on 10/1 (per other threads) and I wonder if dealers are just lumping in the F150L reservations into their email blasts.
Hum… interesting. The email references F-150L. Fingers crossed. Will see what happens.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Someone in the “lightning on tour “ post said that the rep at the SF even said some people have started to receive their order forms. FWIW
I'd imagine even dealers should be submitting orders online or in an electronic system. If they're sending out any order information it would have been posted already and they've yet to start sending anything to ordinary folks with early reservations. My reservation was within 5 minutes of the reservations opening and I've not gotten any communication from Ford.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
I haven't heard a peep from Ford or the dealer I selected - after the Bronco debacle I am trained on how to quickly switch dealers :)

Sponsored

guerro

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F250HD
I received an email from my dealer on 9/15 saying he needed some information so he could input my order. Not sure what is happening. I assume he is mistaken based on the info in this thread. I have been letting that email marinate since I only reserved 9/4. I reserved with the expectation that I would place an order sometime next year with delivery sometime in 2023 or later. There isn't even a B&P so not sure how I can spec one in order to give the dealer an order.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I contacted the dealer I reserved with yesterday, there is no word on when order banks will open

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
They’ve hinted pretty strongly that if you’re a retail reservation customer looking for an XLT, it will probably be ‘23.
When did they hint strongly at this? Not saying they didn't, but I haven't heard that.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
When did they hint strongly at this? Not saying they didn't, but I haven't heard that.
Saw it in a video snippet with some Ford people talking. They mentioned they were going to try and adhere mostly to reservation time stamps and order logistics, but there may be some priority to certain trim options, possibly higher trims and/or larger battery packs with the higher trims.

That said, I just returned from the Lightning event in Denver. I asked this question while I was there and they said this is all still TBD until they convert enough orders to start scheduling. Parts and materials availability will play a role. Their bottleneck for production over the next year and onward is battery supply. They want to try and prioritize the larger capacity packs to some extent, but with cell availability they may be able to produce and ship more trucks by focusing more on the standard range packs. In the end, the goal is to ship as many trucks as possible. The large battery pack can be ordered with any trim from base/Pro and of course is included on Lariat and Platinum.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
It definitely makes sense to sell Standard Range trucks if the goal is to sell the most trucks. But, they probably make way more money on one Platinum than on 1.5 SR Pros using a similar amount of batteries. So, they’d probably love to sell a crap ton of SR Lariats. I hope they’ll sell me a Pro SR (or ER) with my relatively early reservation.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Saw it in a video snippet with some Ford people talking. They mentioned they were going to try and adhere mostly to reservation time stamps and order logistics, but there may be some priority to certain trim options, possibly higher trims and/or larger battery packs with the higher trims.

That said, I just returned from the Lightning event in Denver. I asked this question while I was there and they said this is all still TBD until they convert enough orders to start scheduling. Parts and materials availability will play a role. Their bottleneck for production over the next year and onward is battery supply. They want to try and prioritize the larger capacity packs to some extent, but with cell availability they may be able to produce and ship more trucks by focusing more on the standard range packs. In the end, the goal is to ship as many trucks as possible. The large battery pack can be ordered with any trim from base/Pro and of course is included on Lariat and Platinum.
“and of course is included on Lariat and Platinum.” Do you mean included as a possible option for lariat and platinum or included standard on both of those? I had understood that it was an option for lariat but standard for platinum.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
“and of course is included on Lariat and Platinum.” Do you mean included as a possible option for lariat and platinum or included standard on both of those? I had understood that it was an option for lariat but standard for platinum.
According to the specs that Ford has released so far. The ER is only standard on the platinum, optional on other trims. However the pro can only be optioned with the ER on fleet orders, not retail orders.

This could change before they go to production depending on demand. They did change up options on the Bronco.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Yes I suppose that’s what the specs say and I’ll trust that. The guy today in the tent with the Lariat truck was saying the Lariat included the extended battery. The one there supposedly had it but it wasn’t doing anything but showing off the ability to power stuff and let people see the frunk.
Sponsored