• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
The Hummer and standard GMC/Chevy truck use a completely different battery pack to include a completely different cell and chemistry.
Yes, the do use a newer cell design and chemistry. Although the Bolt fires look to be related to a manufacture defect in the folding process for those pouch cells. I’m going to say the issue has been rectified as GM has announced they’re now producing updated packs for the Bolt.

While this didn’t impact the Ultium platform packs for the Hummer and other upcoming vehicles, dealing with this has definitely slowed up a lot of things at GM. At this point I’m betting the impacts are more related to communications and PR when it comes to the Hummer EV program. Hopefully the floodgates for info open soon. It also seems that a lot of things came to a pause with LG as the cause of the fires was investigated. Probably won’t adversely anything in terms of delivering the new vehicles. Al Oppenheiser, Hummer EV lead engineer, hinted last week that they’re very close.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The Hummer and standard GMC/Chevy truck use a completely different battery pack to include a completely different cell and chemistry.
True, but it took attention away from other things. I'm guessing they had a lot of the engineering team working on finding the problem. Could be wrong though.