• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I kinda wish they'd leave the classics alone and stop dragging their names along thinking they'll bring people along for the great electrification. If anything they just make people mad. I don't think the Mach-E name really needs another thread though.

That said, I hope the RANGE-r comes out soon. And maybe a new fast Galax-E sedan. One of each, please!

I think the Expedition will be Ford's next vehicle to electrify though, and it will share an EV platform with the new F150.
An EV Expedition(if it offers decent range) would sell like hotcakes. I think the Explorer EV would sell very well.

I do think capitalizing on brand/model loyalty will be good thing. There are plenty of people who will buy "nothing else" but the next Explorer or the next Expedition. (They will not buy dedicated EV SUV from Ford). The only question is..will that next SUV be a gas Explorer/Expedition OR will be an EV.

Ford knows their customers. GM has proven time and time again they do not. The Bolt is a really good car but a marketing disaster. I fear the Silverado EV will be the same way.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't see how this can be a "one and done" product. The Lightning is attached to an ICE F150 plant. They aren't going to convert DTP to an EV assembly plant until ICE demand is lower than what DTP and KCAP can supply. And they won't leave the REVC sitting idle.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I think the Mach E is kind of an anomaly with the platform having nothing to do with the original Mustang. IMO an electric 2-door muscle car (even with AWD) is what the Mustang should have been.

Agreed that electrifying the F150, Expedition, and Explorer are all good ideas, and I don't think they really need a name change thus far. However, I do wonder if the next gen Lightning will carry the F150 nameplate if its styling dramatically changes from the ICE version. History says Ford doesn't care and it will keep the badge, but man, I'd love to see them call it the F1.21. :D
Sponsored