• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP or Another Level 2 Charger?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Thanks all for the information. It's super helpful. I've decided to go with the 40amp charger provided by my utility company. They can't upgrade the transformer until March or so. Until then I'll mostly be using a mobile charger and/or the public charger at the library a mile down the road. After the system is setup, I'll likely sell the FCSP to recoup some money.

For those interested in knowing, the utility told me that at today's prices, an upgrade to a 37.5kva transformer is $1800 and a 50kva transformer is $5000. We're at the end of a 1500' driveway and the transformer is on the last pole about 300' from our house. We're the only ones serviced by this unit. The utility is a small coop, which they tout as a great thing. However, it's the only coop I've ever joined unwillingly. To be fair, they make it pretty clear that "members" are responsible for upgrades if they need to happen. I just wish they/we had a little more foresight in 2018 when we upgraded the transformer for our PV system.
Wow!

When I investigated my options, our utility company told me that the transformer that I share with a neighbor (one transformer every 2 houses) was capable of supplying one of us with 400amps (technically 320). When the 2nd person goes to upgrade to 400amps, they will be responsible for the transformer upgrade. I was quoted a price in the low $200s as I recall.

My neighbor will never do that, so I'm good to go whenever I may choose to upgrade.
Sponsored