• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Found this on the net tonight. Very informative.

Sponsored

2dogcamper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
That is very cool, my 2016 sometimes has trouble reading the sticker. Hopefully this sensor makes the system work more consistent. I tried to order the trailer camera when I ordered the truck but they said it was not available yet.

Goose2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 ford f150
Found this on the net tonight. Very informative.

Did your truck come with the censor and do you have to buy more censors if you have more than one trailer

OP
OP
BMWtoF150

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Did your truck come with the censor and do you have to buy more censors if you have more than one trailer
My truck came with one sensor kit. lc3t-14g621-ad. I think you would need to buy another kit if you have multiple trailers. I have seen them on Ebya for $155.00. It would be nice if they would just sell the sensor.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I like that truck bed view, too bad I will be putting a cap on that will essentially cover up that camera. Great find on the video.

Sponsored

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
Can someone please tell me how to download the update required to use the stickers on the 2021?

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Can someone please tell me how to download the update required to use the stickers on the 2021?
It's not available yet. Word from Ford is that the update is required to make the ProBack Up work with Sync4, the update will need to be installed.

We're all kind of just waiting on this one, and learning how to back up the "old fashioned way".

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt sport 5.0
Occupation
trucker
Mine came with a sensor, doubt I will ever use it. I drive truck for as living, backing a trailer is like waking up for me, seems to happen every day.

Sponsored

Its Not Me

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5l Ecoboost 11/6/20
Occupation
Commercial Locksmith
When I received my truck, in the back seat was the sensor, and...

...wait for it...

...in the glove box was the pack of stickers.

I installed the sensor on the new horse trailer as the stickers never worked well on the old one.

I do all this for my wife, she just can't get the hang of backing trailers and the fancy doohickey seems to understand her touch. Me on the other hand, a mirror and a steering wheel are all I need.

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper

...wait for it...

I installed the sensor on the new horse trailer as the stickers never worked well on the old one.

I do all this for my wife, she just can't get the hang of backing trailers and the fancy doohickey seems to understand her touch. Me on the other hand, a mirror and a steering wheel are all I need.
I can back a trailer too but i'll bet you can't back the trailer as straight as the backing system can.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I can back a trailer too but i'll bet you can't back the trailer as straight as the backing system can.
THIS is exactly why I love the pro backup, it is perfect at "holding the line". It knows the exact rate to unwind the wheel based on the speed you are backing, to keep the trailer pointed the direction you left it. I can do everything manually too but I'm constantly making minor adjustments because humans can't be that perfect.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

...wait for it...

Not thread related, but cool avatar pic. How'd you get that?

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Is it me, or is the animation shown in the Trailer Reverse Guidance video backwards?

The reverse camera shows the trailer being backed up and on an angle going towards the driver's side, yet the overhead birdseye view shows the trailer being backed up and on an angle going towards the passenger's side.

Ford F-150 Lightning Finally a video explaining 2021 F150 Pro Backup Assist + vehicle and trailer setup 1619264498433

Sponsored