• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First Pro Lightning road trip -- averaged ~2 miles per kWh

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I took my month old Pro on a 600 mile road trip, just to see how it compares to my other EVs, and I was pleasantly surprised. My other two EVs are pretty much at opposite ends of the charging convenience spectrum. I have a 2010 Tesla Roadster that can use level 2 charging only. It can charge from J-1772 or Tesla stations (not Superchargers), so the absolute best I can do is about 60 miles of range per hour, if I'm lucky enough to find an older Tesla destination charger. Typical J-1772 public chargers are closer to 25 miles of range per hour. But I still take it on a 1000 mile trip annually. At the other end of the spectrum is my Tesla Model 3 with the usual Tesla experience.

I was pretty conservative on my trip with the SR Pro, usually just went 100 miles or so between charges. That resulted in quick charges, usually less than 50% (typically going from 25-30% to 65-75%), generally in less than 25 minutes. I used both EA and EVgo chargers, both without issues. Plug and charge worked with both EA and EVgo, and I also used both apps to start charges without any problems. The cables and connectors on Tesla chargers are WAY easier to deal with than CCS, but that's not really a big deal. Just have to remember when finished to close the flap over the bottom charge port pins before closing the charge port door :).

I averaged right around 2 miles per kWh, mostly highway miles, typically around 70-75 mph, so about what I was expecting.

My Pro is mostly going to be a work truck and stay local, but it's nice to know that if I want to travel with it I can.
Sponsored