• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

srvethelord

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Military
The GOM (range value) in the car is, well, we'll just say it's optimistic. Most of us learned early on not to trust it, and instead are either doing the math in our heads, or relying on printout tables, or creating spreadsheets. The calculator is intended to provide you a more realistic number. Plug in your values, and get a better idea of your actual range.
Thanks. What I should have said is, I don't know what any of those values (e.g., SoH/Degradation, SOC%, mi/kWh) mean.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Thanks. What I should have said is, I don't know what any of those values (e.g., SoH/Degradation, SOC%, mi/kWh) mean.
SoH/Degradation: don't worry about it unless your car is old, or the temps are well outside the 70-90F range. I'm adding a calculator for this soon.

SOC is your battery level. You can see the percentage on the calm screen.

mi/kWh is your trip efficiency, you can see that on the "this trip" screen

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
For actual definitions - degradation is essentially the health of your battery. One that says, say, 98% has lost the ability to hold about 2% of the original capacity, so in an ER lightning 100% would be about 128 kWh instead of 131.

SOC stands for State of Charge. This is the battery charge percentage or number of kWh.

Mi/kWh is how many miles you get per kWh. It's like miles per gallon.

And, you didn't ask, but hopefully you know that kWh is kilowatt hours - the electric version of gallons of gas.
Sponsored