• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Florida Power & Light Unlimited EV Charging

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
This seems like a good option for high kWh users. Unlimited EV charging for $38/month if FPL installs the 240V circuit, $31/month if you do it yourself or already have one. >15 off-peak hours/day. It does appear you may have to use their charger, which could be a deal-breaker if you want to use the Charge Station Pro.

• From November through March, off-peak hours are Monday through Friday 10:00 pm to 6:00 am and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm; all weekends; and the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.

• From April through October, off-peak hours are 9:00 pm to 12:00 pm; all weekends; and the holidays of Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.

• Customers can charge during on-peak hours but will be billed at a rate of 22.87¢ /kWh in addition to the monthly service payment.

• Consistent with the charging equipment’s expected useful life, the program term is 10 years.

• Customers will be able to terminate the subscription before the end of the term but will be subject to an early termination fee, approximately $768.48, to cover the costs of uninstalling and removing the equipment, and redeployment costs.

• At the end of the program term, ownership of the Level 2 charging equipment transfers to the program participant at no cost.

https://www.fpl.com/electric-vehicles/evolution/home.html

https://www.fpl.com/electric-vehicles/faq.html#ev-home
Sponsored

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I went this route. They installed a WALLBOX PULSAR PLUS 48 amp charger, but would only do so if the wiring was already run. (60 AMP)

They would have run the wire and installed a smaller charger otherwise. Very easy to talk to. The app is simple and works.

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
I wish Duke was doing something like this. They do have a waitlist for a discount for only charging at night but it is only for like $20 off a month..

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I wish Duke was doing something like this. They do have a waitlist for a discount for only charging at night but it is only for like $20 off a month..
Duke in North Carolina is currently running a trial where they get the charging info from Ford. You don’t need a specific EVSE. Maybe if that is successful they will roll it out to their other markets. It’s a fixed cost of either $20 or $25 a month (depending on location) for up to 800 kWh. I started a thread on it and if I get time today I plan to add info from the first billing cycle.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/duke-power-nc-charging-trial.17471/

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
The only issue with the FPL plan is there is a 10 year commitment. Early termination fees are around $800.

If you are young enough and expect to live in your house for the 10 years it's a great deal. I don't meet either of these expectations.

According to the Social Security Actuarial chart my life expectancy is 9.32 years.
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html
Sponsored