• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford canceled my reservation.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Got an email that Ford canceled my reservation as it had "expired" whatever that means.

I'll probably get the Rivian sooner for less money but odd they did that. Was there an expiration date when we made our first day reservations?

If I think it was a mistake I should contact my dealer who I never heard from other than a response that I was 35/25 on their delivery list for '22.

Oddest marketing ever.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Rivian is a great alternative. Enjoy.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Maybe they had you listed as eligible to order and forgot to tell you. I thought I heard offers to convert reservations to orders would expire around now if you didn’t order or extend. (Side note, my dealer called me a few days ago asking which model I would be interested in to send to Ford. I also found out I’m #8 on the list)

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
More of a warning to others with reservations, first day, like mine, or otherwise. Went and looked at the Ford.com website and it shows the reservation canceled today.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Maybe they had you listed as eligible to order and forgot to tell you.
Wonder how that works? Last communication from dealer I was 35/25. Nothing from Ford or Dealer since then.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Might it be that you unsubscribed from Ford emails an therefore did not see notification that you needed to extend your reservation (or even convert)?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford canceled my reservation. 1651541890637

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Were you monitoring your order page?

Sounds like you missed your window to order.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Might it be that you unsubscribed from Ford emails an therefore did not see notification that you needed to extend your reservation (or even convert)?
Doesn't show "Unsubcribed" on my Ford.com account so that's not it. And they just emailed me.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Were you monitoring your order page?
No reasons to monitor the page. Nothing on the reservation about doing that monthly etc.

And Dealer said I was not in this years batch for them, '24 as I was 35/25.

Just got an email to cancel so I'm on some email list about the orders.

Oh well...they canceled...move on but a heads up to others I suppose.

Last edited:

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
Hopefully you can get a Rivian. I saw one a couple weeks ago in the wild (only one I’ve seen). They are cool looking.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Hopefully you can get a Rivian
Have reservation and its pre April 1 so price protected from the recent $20k price increase. $70k for four motor off road, AWD, the SUV version, 7 seater.

Originally had the pickup but the bed is too small to fit my fishing rods so I went with the SUV which is 17" shorter and fits my garage and my mostly urban driving better than pickup or F150 which is 32" longer than Rivian SUV. Same tow capacity at 11,000. Boat and trailer are 5,000#.

Rivians are getting great reviews. OutofSpec did the 70mph run and it pretty much made its EPA rating at 70 mph. It does a cool thing where it lowers height and goes FWD for extra range. I'd use that for daily commute. Did the F150 have the height adjustment?

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Have reservation and its pre April 1 so price protected from the recent $20k price increase. $70k for four motor off road, AWD, the SUV version, 7 seater.

Originally had the pickup but the bed is too small to fit my fishing rods so I went with the SUV which is 17" shorter and fits my garage and my mostly urban driving better than pickup or F150 which is 32" longer than Rivian SUV. Same tow capacity at 11,000. Boat and trailer are 5,000#.

Rivians are getting great reviews. OutofSpec did the 70mph run and it pretty much made its EPA rating at 70 mph. It does a cool thing where it lowers height and goes FWD for extra range. I'd use that for daily commute. Did the F150 have the height adjustment?
Rivian is pretty much a lottery at this point. There are people who have been waiting for 3 years and still don't have theirs yet. There was also some guy who ordered in January and got his already. I have a May 2021 order and don't expect to see it this year.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I'd call Ford directly and inquire as to why it was cancelled out of curiosity. If your dealer backstabbed you and stole your reservation, you may have a chance at a lawsuit. Do some Blues Clues.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Got an email that Ford canceled my reservation as it had "expired" whatever that means.

I'll probably get the Rivian sooner for less money but odd they did that. Was there an expiration date when we made our first day reservations?

If I think it was a mistake I should contact my dealer who I never heard from other than a response that I was 35/25 on their delivery list for '22.

Oddest marketing ever.
looks like you didn’t order or extend your reservation

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Trek CrossRip Elite