• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Reservation / Purchase experience

Stubedo

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
First post, new member, new Lightuning owner! (Apologies for the long read/Please be gentle)
I reserved a Lariat at the very tail end of the original reservation process and expected a long wait. During my wait, I reached out to my dealer to talk pricing, as I had heard that dealers were marking up the prices on reserved vehicles.
I heard nothing back from them so I called again. And again, crickets. I gave it one more try about four months ago, then gave up. I then started reaching out to other dealers (who promptly returned my calls) and learned that none of them were marking up vehicles.
Based on this information, I went on the Ford site to change my dealer on my reservation. Much to my chagrin, no dealers in my entire state (Maine) were listed as eligible dealers to which to transfer the reservation. I reached out directly to Ford to ask if they could to it, and they input a ticket to their internal website team, because they could not change the reservation either. After several follow up calls, they asked me to reach out to my new dealer to ask them to contact Ford with their dealer code so that they could be properly assigned my reservation.
It is hard to say if my new dealership did this, as for weeks, I was still unable to change the dealer on my reservation.
Fast forward to 3/30, when I received my order invitation. The following day, I happened to be in town doing other shopping and decided to stop in to the dealership who held my reservation.
Much to my shock and amazement, they had a Platinum and two Lariats on the lot. The platinum was the official test drive vehicle, but the other two Lariats were for sale!
When I asked why they hadnā€™t returned my calls and / or let me know that they had Lariatā€™s for sale they said that they had been orders that people had backed out ofā€¦ and offered no explanation why I had not gotten a return call. They provided a quote on a white one, saying the blue one had an issue with the display.
Since I had no interest in a white one I let them know that I would likely just order one and went on my way.
ā€˜But this got me thinking that maybe there were other dealers doing the same thing. That following Monday, I called and found three more trucks in stock and available for saleā€¦ andā€¦ for some strange reasonā€¦ they had not reached out to anyone on their reservation lists.
I made an offer on a discounted! 2022, but after two days of back and forth, they informed me that the truck was sold.
Last Friday I found two more 2023 Lariats at another dealer and came to an agreement on one of themā€¦ took delivery Saturday.
Why would dealers who have reservations not reach out to people who have put down deposits if they have vehicles?!?
tl;dr - call your local dealers and ask if they have vehicles for saleā€¦ they do!
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
2022 would have had tax credit.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
They arenā€™t calling because they want the ones on hand hoping someone who just discovered Lightning or new to the market will walk off the street and buy one (likely at a markup).
Sponsored