• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company: "One invitation you don't want to miss . . ."

MalthusUNC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I opened my email and saw an email from Ford Motor Company and all I could see in the preview pane was, "One invitation you don't want to miss".

OMG! It's happening!!

Then I click it open and it is an invitation to join the Mustang Club of America (I have a Mach E) 😂
Sponsored

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
Been getting communications from them about my order being cancelled and my dealer being sold and not accepting anymore reservations and how I was even going to get my reservation fee back.

Problem is I bought mine from that dealership almost three weeks ago. Something’s screwy with their automated messaging. 🤷🏾‍♂️

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I opened my email and saw an email from Ford Motor Company and all I could see in the preview pane was, "One invitation you don't want to miss".

OMG! It's happening!!

Then I click it open and it is an invitation to join the Mustang Club of America (I have a Mach E) 😂
Before I took delivery, I jumped every time I got a marketing email from Ford thinking it was news about my status.

For what its worth, the Mustang email is pretty exciting. They're unveiling a new generation on the 14th.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Before I took delivery, I jumped every time I got a marketing email from Ford thinking it was news about my status.

For what its worth, the Mustang email is pretty exciting. They're unveiling a new generation on the 14th.
I am looking forward to the reveal even if my days of ICE mustang ownership are most likely behind me. The spy shots of the new interior have me worried though.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I am looking forward to the reveal even if my days of ICE mustang ownership are most likely behind me. The spy shots of the new interior have me worried though.
I'm done with ICE too. My nephew has owned 4 generations of Mustangs, so there's always one in my driveway. He never considered my Mach-E to be a "Real" Mustang because it had 4 doors, but he definitely knew mine was quicker.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm done with ICE too. My nephew has owned 4 generations of Mustangs, so there's always one in my driveway. He never considered my Mach-E to be a "Real" Mustang because it had 4 doors, but he definitely knew mine was quicker.
I have owned 3 generations (2001 GT, 2014 GT, 2011 GT500, and 2019 GT350). My son wants a Mustang for his first car in a few years, so I guess one is coming back in the driveway at some point. not a new one though!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
You meant to say the LAST generation of Mustang.
Last ICE. Definitely.

The Mach-E GT clearly shows commitment to the potential for the badge.

Most of the negative comments I'd get from other Mustang owners was about the 4 doors. If they make a 2 door version and a convertible they'll get a lot more support from the die-hards.

My guess is they wanted the Mach-E to be an SUV because it fits into their vision of being a truck / SUV company first... with the Mustang being their only car.

I think they should build one other car... and to me that car can only be one thing, an electric THUNDERBIRD! It's the next logical step. What always follows Lightning? Thunder.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I haven't received any email.

Have a 2022 Mustang Mach E order and it's been kicked into 2023 production which really bums me out.

Lost:
- incentives (Ford Options cash)
- low APR at time of order (2.74%)
- color (no more ice blue)
- options (no more C/T)

The only "bone" Ford is throwing at us is private cash offer (rebate) for the price increase from 2022 to 2023.

Ford customer relations said these orders will receive priority over new 2023 orders for whatever that's worth...

Hate this "Vapor blue" color they substituted.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Motor Company:  "One invitation you don't want to miss . . ." Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 10.32.11 AM

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Missed opportunity not resurrecting the Ranchero given the public's current affinity toward unibody "lifestyle trucks."
One thing about car names is they never go away entirely. The new Bronco and Lightning are proof of that.

I think the only badge they won’t resurrect is the Pinto. Too much baggage there.

Personally, I like their decision to focus on trucks because I believe they understand truck owners better than anyone else.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The new Bronco and Lightning are proof of that.
I feel like the Bronco is a better example than the Lightning.

True, the names get recycled but I just feel a missed opportunity not capitalizing on the heritage of those names. The Maverick is now a truck, the Mach-E is an SUV, and the Lightning is a work truck. At least the Bronco is a...Bronco!

I would have much preferred the "Mustang" as an e-muscle rather than allowing Dodge to claim the mantle of first e-muscle. I would have preferred the Lightning remain a street truck. And I think it would have been an interesting throwback to call the Maverick truck the new Ranchero. That would have left the Maverick and Mustang plates for the strip free to race alongside the upcoming Challenger!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I feel like the Bronco is a better example than the Lightning.

True, the names get recycled but I just feel a missed opportunity not capitalizing on the heritage of those names. The Maverick is now a truck, the Mach-E is an SUV, and the Lightning is a work truck. At least the Bronco is a...Bronco!

I would have much preferred the "Mustang" as an e-muscle rather than allowing Dodge to claim the mantle of first e-muscle. I would have preferred the Lightning remain a street truck. And I think it would have been an interesting throwback to call the Maverick truck the new Ranchero. That would have left the Maverick and Mustang plates for the strip free to race alongside the upcoming Challenger!
I fully agree. I love it when a brand comes back with the true spirit of the original.

There have been quite a lot of re-brands that have nothing to do with their originals, but I'm sure it was hard to resist using Lightning for an electrified model.

Then again, you'd think "Charger" would be the perfect name for Dodge's first electric muscle car, so they didn't go that route.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I fully agree. I love it when a brand comes back with the true spirit of the original.

There have been quite a lot of re-brands that have nothing to do with their originals, but I'm sure it was hard to resist using Lightning for an electrified model.

Then again, you'd think "Charger" would be the perfect name for Dodge's first electric muscle car, so they didn't go that route.
I think Lighting is fitting. It may not be a single cab short bed, but the Lightning EV is definitely a street truck and is the fastest factory F150 ever.
Sponsored