• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass Widget - Need help understanding OTA API Info

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I was reading up on the forum and found where there is a widget to add to your phone that provides you more info than the standard FordPass app. First of all, very cool for whoever made this and shared it for free.

Unfortnately, I saw instructions on the installation but I'm still winging it on how to use it. In the Debug menu, I see the OTA API Info and it looks like it gives you details on your OTA updates. Does anyone know how to decipher the coding below? My best guess is that it tried to update to 1.7.1 yesterday and the update failed, and I'm hoping it continues to try and update before 1/10 when the update expires. Is that the correct way to read this, and is there anything I need to do to make sure it does not fail?

Screenshot below, with some of the lines that seem important highlighted:

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Widget - Need help understanding OTA API Info 1641429786066
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'm sitting with the same status, only difference is my last date tried was 12/23

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 20 Mustang GT
Pretty much what "inspect" tells me on the Ford Owner site, with a deployment on 23 December and expiration on the 30th.

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Pretty much what "inspect" tells me on the Ford Owner site, with a deployment on 23 December and expiration on the 30th.
Where is this located. I couldn't find it on my page of the owner site.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Mine is basically the same but shows Dec dates…

OTA Details
  • CorrelationID: FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-469399-471624
  • Created: 2021-12-23T18:54:34.404+0000
  • Expiration: 2021-12-30T18:54:34.404+0000
  • Priority: High
  • Type: NEW_FEATURE
  • Trigger: SOFTWARE
  • Inhibit Required: false
  • Environment: PRD
  • Latest Status:
    • Details: OTAM_E1016
    • DateTime: 2021-12-24T13:19:12.270+0000
  • Package Details:
    • WiFi Required: false
    • Priority: 1
    • FailedResponse: none
    • DisplayTime: No Data
    • ReleaseNotes:
      • FordPower-Up 1.7.1 Navigation, other enhancements Navigation will automatically make helpful destination suggestions (but you can turn that off if you like), plus new cloud connectivity combines conversational voice command recognition with internet-based search, so you get the latest info with almost every request. Apple CarPlay® compatibility will display on-screen turn-by-turn navigation in your instrument cluster. The user-profile icons on your SiriusXM® with 360L radio are a bit bigger, and there were a couple of bug fixes. Ongoing updates like these help ensure that you’re always driving the best possible version of your F-150. Keep in mind that update availability varies by model.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JJ_Tex

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Mine is basically the same but shows Dec dates…

OTA Details
  • CorrelationID: FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-469399-471624
  • Created: 2021-12-23T18:54:34.404+0000
  • Expiration: 2021-12-30T18:54:34.404+0000
  • Priority: High
  • Type: NEW_FEATURE
  • Trigger: SOFTWARE
  • Inhibit Required: false
  • Environment: PRD
  • Latest Status:
    • Details: OTAM_E1016
    • DateTime: 2021-12-24T13:19:12.270+0000
  • Package Details:
    • WiFi Required: false
    • Priority: 1
    • FailedResponse: none
    • DisplayTime: No Data
    • ReleaseNotes:
      • FordPower-Up 1.7.1 Navigation, other enhancements Navigation will automatically make helpful destination suggestions (but you can turn that off if you like), plus new cloud connectivity combines conversational voice command recognition with internet-based search, so you get the latest info with almost every request. Apple CarPlay® compatibility will display on-screen turn-by-turn navigation in your instrument cluster. The user-profile icons on your SiriusXM® with 360L radio are a bit bigger, and there were a couple of bug fixes. Ongoing updates like these help ensure that you’re always driving the best possible version of your F-150. Keep in mind that update availability varies by model.
So I assume you still do not have 1.7.1? I made sure mine is connected to wifi every time I park so that hopefully mine will finish downloading before the 1/10 expiration listed on mine.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
No, that’s as of today. I am going to try leaving it off Wi-Fi to see if that helps any, dealer appointment in the 17th.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
One thing that I've noticed is that I have gotten the updates when my truck is NOT on wifi. Granted, I only have two data points, but I've only downloaded the updates when it's been parked away from my house in the evening.

I have my home network pretty locked down, so it's entirely possible that I am blocking a port that the truck uses to communicate with the mothership. But, with a lack of documentation on what ports I would need to whitelist, there is no way to know for sure. I will do some digging in the logs on my firewall to see if I can find any indicators that something is getting blocked.

I have gotten two updates recently: Power-Up 1.7.1 and, most recently, 2.1.1

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Well... a quick check of my truck reveals 4 DIFFERENT possible MAC addresses:

The "About SYNC" screen shows 3:
System Updates: 78:55:cd:xx:xx:x9, 28:38:5c:xx:xx:xx
Vehicle Hotspot: f8:55:cd:xx:xx:x8
NOTE: The Hotspot MAC address is one less than the first system update address.

Then there is the "WiFi" MAC address when connecting to the WiFi network:
6c:ae:f6:xx:xx:xx

The 1st system update address appears in my logs with a tag "mdm9650-tcu" while 2nd update address has a tag "SYNC". I wouldn't expect to see the Hotspot in my logs.

What's strange is that I don't see that Wifi mac address anywhere in my logs, even though it has an actual IP address on the screen. The MAC address that is associated with the "WiFi" ip address is actually the 78:55:cd:xx:xx:xx address. Very strange.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I was reading up on the forum and found where there is a widget to add to your phone that provides you more info than the standard FordPass app. First of all, very cool for whoever made this and shared it for free.

Unfortnately, I saw instructions on the installation but I'm still winging it on how to use it. In the Debug menu, I see the OTA API Info and it looks like it gives you details on your OTA updates. Does anyone know how to decipher the coding below? My best guess is that it tried to update to 1.7.1 yesterday and the update failed, and I'm hoping it continues to try and update before 1/10 when the update expires. Is that the correct way to read this, and is there anything I need to do to make sure it does not fail?

Screenshot below, with some of the lines that seem important highlighted:

1641429786066.png
Mine is pretty well exactly the same I think even the same dates.
Sponsored