• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA Update Help

jimhlee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning, Kia EV6, Volvo XC60, Ford Explorer
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes. It was plugged in and charged to 100% with all doors/windows up and locked and the lights off.
Last night it updated on the 11th try. Truck was NOT plugged in - SOC was 98%. All previous attempts, the truck was plugged in. Apparently this update doesn’t want the truck plugged in.
Congrats on getting it to work! I guess we'll just keep having to do all the different combos to get it to work.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The ”background process stopping the update” falls into the second category of the 2 I listed.
I'm beginning to believe it's our neurotic polling of the trucks status, by looking at Fordpass and forcing a status refresh, this activity might upset the apple cart.

I intentionally force stopped the app and left it alone for 30+ minutes while a manual update of the CHIME/SOC# processed. I'm going to follow this process in future updates to see if it's a helper or just another voodoo spell.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Congrats on getting it to work! I guess we'll just keep having to do all the different combos to get it to work.
LoL... I didn't get it to work... it just decided to work that time. I chuckled because the night it worked, I said screw it, I'll work on it next week. The harder I thought about it and tried to figure it out, the more it was determined not to work. As TaxmanHog said, the Voodoo spell just wasn't quite right.... Now I'm waiting for the SOC gauge update now so I can actually see the SOC % while normal driving. Some have gotten the updates already... I'm patiently waiting for my lottery ticket.
A bit frustrating but there really is no other truck I'd rather be driving :cool:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm beginning to believe it's our neurotic polling of the trucks status, by looking at Fordpass and forcing a status refresh, this activity might upset the apple cart.

I intentionally force stopped the app and left it alone for 30+ minutes while a manual update of the CHIME/SOC# processed. I'm going to follow this process in future updates to see if it's a helper or just another voodoo spell.
I had FordPass running in the background during my last successful update (…….DET). CHIME hasn’t found its way here yet, but it’s one I’d sure like to get.
Sponsored