• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FORScan Possible?

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
I was going thru old computer files and came across my old super duty folder that had an excel sheet with various misc parameters that can be changed using the FORScan software(i.e. disable horn honk, fold mirrors in, etc..) for ice vehicles. That got me wondering do you think it would be possible that FORScan can still be used on the new lightning?
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I was going thru old computer files and came across my old super duty folder that had an excel sheet with various misc parameters that can be changed using the FORScan software(i.e. disable horn honk, fold mirrors in, etc..) for ice vehicles. That got me wondering do you think it would be possible that FORScan can still be used on the new lightning?
That might be the fix for the beeping warning on the Fronk. Someone needs to check this out for sure

OP
OP

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
thanks for reporting back, kind of a bummer was hoping maybe it would work. I contacted devs to see if they are working on a future release for compatibility.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If you are willing you need to reach out to the Forscan folks. It is my understanding when a new model or something changes like "Job 2" that would make differences in the files they need to update the software and decipher the new As Built data. They likely don't have the information included to even decode the VIN for electric motors.

With notification and some info they likely would have it updated in just a few days.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am talking back and forth to one of the devs now, I just posted the screenshot so waiting on his reply to that. Unfortunately not having my truck yet will make this difficult.

Reactions: GDN

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I am talking back and forth to one of the devs now, I just posted the screenshot so waiting on his reply to that. Unfortunately not having my truck yet will make this difficult.
You can put them in touch with me. I'm familiar with ForScan from my C-Max days and am happy to test on my Lightning.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
is forscan for the lightning out yet?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
is forscan for the lightning out yet?
Yes. You have to email FORScan support directly to ask for the version that supports BEVs. I've been able to to enable some features using the F150 ICE codes, but there is not complete overlap in all of the module programming between the ICE F150 and the Lightning.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Can we change the speed that we can enable the forward camera to activate? I hate the 8 mph on my GMC, and I'm hearing 5 mph on the Lightning.

Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
A thread on here of all the possible options/features that can be enabled/changed with Forscan would be pretty nice. It would be interesting for those of us considering it.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. You have to email FORScan support directly to ask for the version that supports BEVs. I've been able to to enable some features using the F150 ICE codes, but there is not complete overlap in all of the module programming between the ICE F150 and the Lightning.
Can you share which features you have been able to use?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber