• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Possible to change max low HVAC temp in Forscan?

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Is it possible to change the MIN and MAX temps the HVAC makes available? For reasons unknown Ford made a bizarre decision to arbitrarily limit them... you can only lower the temp to 60 degrees F/15.5 degrees C... if you set it lower, it just totally disables the heat and says "LOW".

60 degrees might be a fine max low in the summer but it is freaking high in the winter time when one is wearing a winter coat with heated seats etc. It's just wasting tons of electricity and actually makes me uncomfortably hot. I would like to set it more like 50 degrees F / 10 degrees C or maybe even a bit lower. Is this possible?
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Is it possible to change the MIN and MAX temps the HVAC makes available? For reasons unknown Ford made a bizarre decision to arbitrarily limit them... you can only lower the temp to 60 degrees F/15.5 degrees C... if you set it lower, it just totally disables the heat and says "LOW".

60 degrees might be a fine max low in the summer but it is freaking high in the winter time when one is wearing a winter coat with heated seats etc. It's just wasting tons of electricity and actually makes me uncomfortably hot. I would like to set it more like 50 degrees F / 10 degrees C or maybe even a bit lower. Is this possible?
Since you are wearing your coat, have you thought about just turning off the HVAC and use the heated seats and coat to stay comfortable?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The real problem is that the temp setting has little connection to reality. I was driving the other day with it set to 66. The air temp near my head measured 72 and heat was still pouring out of the vents. It seems like the colder it is outside, the warmer the cabin gets on a given setting.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does routing the air output to defrosters only help with your comfort?

Sponsored

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER

You can explicitly turn off the heater in the large HVAC screen with the vent controls that popus up.

OP
OP

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thank you for all the tips and tricks on clothing and heat - I am just trying to find out about the ability to alter this setting on FORScan. I can not find anything in the control modules for this but I am far from an expert.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thank you for all the tips and tricks on clothing and heat - I am just trying to find out about the ability to alter this setting on FORScan. I can not find anything in the control modules for this but I am far from an expert.
I've never heard of this and don't recall seeing it when I stepped through the settings in Forscan a few months back. Best I recall 60 degrees has always been the low in most every car I've had with an auto HVAC.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've never heard of this and don't recall seeing it when I stepped through the settings in Forscan a few months back. Best I recall 60 degrees has always been the low in most every car I've had with an auto HVAC.
My 2013 Explorer goes to “LO” one step below 60F. That’s what I use in mild weather, no AC, vents only.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
My 2013 Explorer goes to “LO” one step below 60F. That’s what I use in mild weather, no AC, vents only.
I have seen LO on some as well, but have to admit I figured that was same as 60 or maybe 59, just a different indicator that you really can't go below 60. Maybe it truly does, but I've only used that temp setting for AC, not heat. I don't think I've turned the heat down below 66 or 67.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have seen LO on some as well, but have to admit I figured that was same as 60 or maybe 59, just a different indicator that you really can't go below 60. Maybe it truly does, but I've only used that temp setting for AC, not heat. I don't think I've turned the heat down below 66 or 67.
Yeah, I have no idea what I’m accomplishing. Just trying to make sure no heated coolant is directed to the heater core.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
LO when you have heat enabled means that it's just using vents... it's bringing in the outside air. Which in my case in winter is way below 32F. I don't want that. I want 45-50.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I don't get the complaining about HVAC settings in the Lightning. Have ya'll ever been able to set digitally controlled temperature in any car including ICE lower than 60? I cannot remember ever being able to do that. I just got rid of a 03 F150 ICE lowest setting was 60, wife's GLC300 lowest is 60, 'l9 vette lowest is 60. What gives?

OP
OP

LightningCanuckNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't get the complaining about HVAC settings in the Lightning. Have ya'll ever been able to set digitally controlled temperature in any car including ICE lower than 60? I cannot remember ever being able to do that. I just got rid of a 03 F150 ICE lowest setting was 60, wife's GLC300 lowest is 60, 'l9 vette lowest is 60. What gives?
What gives is, the heat here is not waste heat from the engine, it is all coming from a heating element that should be able to be much more directly controlled.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
What gives is, the heat here is not waste heat from the engine, it is all coming from a heating element that should be able to be much more directly controlled.
That has nothing to do with how low you can set the thermostat. Like others have said, use the seat and steering wheel.
Sponsored