• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Having issue with truck shutting down and Pro Power turning off

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
FYI, I learned since last time when after the Ford PowerUp v4.2.2.2 update, that I think there was a change in behavior. After that update, I believe, I needed to turn on the rear bed inverters or else the power down timer would still turn off the truck. If I turn on the rear bed inverters then the truck stays running as expected.

Today I just got the Ford PowerUp v4.2.3.1 update. And the vehicle power down timer is still working as it previously was. I have not tried the old method that pre v4.2.2.2 did not require the rear bed inverters be turned on, I might give that a try tomorrow though.

BTW. I have been keeping the truck powered up all day on work days just to keep the WiFi HotSpot enabled, versus using my cellphone hot spot which has a data limit and isn't as robust in the area I am parked all day. I do not really need the inverters to be running, but they do not seem to add enough idle load to be concerned much about.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I used my rear 240v pro power yesterday and when I went to disable the power down timer it was already disabled. I noticed that the last time i used it about a month ago as well.

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
I used my rear 240v pro power yesterday and when I went to disable the power down timer it was already disabled. I noticed that the last time i used it about a month ago as well.
I have also noticed that sometimes it is already disabled, but more often than not i still need to disable it. Note that I do this every week day, because I leave the truck "running" all day while I work.
Sponsored