• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Home back up - Emporia V2X Bi-Directional 48A charger + 11kW home power - thoughts ?

EmporiaEnergy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Emporia EV Charger
Wow, this is really good news Emporia is a company that makes some seriously good kit. Their Home Energy Monitor is something that I want to install after we redo all our panels, and I trust them a lot more than I do Sunrun.

I was hoping that others would come out with a solution - looks like that is happening. Even better, my guess is that this will become some sort of "standard" that other vehicles can support, though, only the Lightning is doing it currently.
Thanks for the kind words. We're looking forward to bringing the Emporia V2X Bi-Directional EV Charger to market in 2023!

If you have any questions about the Emporia Gen 2 Vue Smart Home Energy Monitor and the Excess Solar Optimizer feature for Solar-only EV Charger, our support team is available by phone, chat, and email at emporiaenergy.com/contact. We love to talk through all things energy management!
Sponsored

EmporiaEnergy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Emporia EV Charger
hmm. it doesn't look physically large enough to do all of the bypass stuff etc. - am I crazy on that? I'd love a less expensive but still completely workable option and I'm willing to wait on it, but I want to make sure that it's a like for like capability-wise.
Hey GoGoGadgetTruck! We presume by "bypass stuff etc" you mean vehicle-to-home (V2H)?

If so, yes, our bi-directional charger will be capable of V2H, despite what may seem to be a smaller form factor.