• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recommended Charger - ChargePoint Home Flex , FLO Home X5 EV Charger . Emporia EV Charger

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
I recommend you don't use a wi-fi charger. It's a PIA for no real benefit in a home. Others can disagree. I use a Grizzle 40 AMP and it has been perfect.

Additionally, I have the included 80 AMP with my ER battery from Ford, and it has been twice as fast as expected. Ford's has wi-fi for some reason I don't care enough about it to read up. I just want to plug-in and get charged. both do that. I also have a Charge-point with wi-fi for when visiting family needs a charge. Charge-point is great, but again the wi-fi is over-kill in my opinion.

These are my opinions and experiences. I hope you enjoy the fill-up away from a gas station.

(I guess everything must have wi-fi these days. Washers and dryers have wi-fi. Really, I need to start the washing machine from a remote location.)
I agree, my Grizzl-E has worked perfectly for two years. I like the feature where it can be set for a maximum charge level- right now it's 24 amps as I have it on a 30A circuit that was installed in my garage to charge the Chevy Volt- that car was limited to 3300W charging so the 24amps was plenty. Even now it always charges overnight so no need to add a 50 amp or higher current circuit.
Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Emporia has worked great for me since December.
The wiring to the garage is the most expensive part of any charger install.

/political rant on/ If it wasn't for the politics of Musk, would consider the Tesla charger, but not going to give my money to that Putin-lover. /political rant off/

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If you understood how the studies are done you'd realize attribution error is a huge thing. This statement in particular is ridiculous. If you google this question, you can find some links that say homes with EV chargers sell for 13% more, but that doesn't mean it is the EV charger itself that is actually doing it. Seriously, the majority of houses can probably have an EVSE installed in the range of $1k to 2k, which is going to be well under 1% of median house value. I'm not going to disagree with what the real estate agents are told, just that the underlying studies are probably flawed.
Bingo!
Sponsored