• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How much do dealers generally require for deposit?

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
If I do get to be part of one of the waves, and I order quickly, does anybody know how much a dealer will generally want to take as deposit? $10k? Half of the total? I want to make sure I have the money ready.
Sponsored

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 2x4 5.0 on order
Occupation
Truck driver
I ordered a RCSB and my sales manager required a $500 non refundable deposit just in case I back out of the deal because he claims “that truck can’t be sold in the Detroit area”

Edit: Sorry I didn’t know you meant lightning only

ceballs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT 5.0
If I do get to be part of one of the waves, and I order quickly, does anybody know how much a dealer will generally want to take as deposit? $10k? Half of the total? I want to make sure I have the money ready.
My Dealer wants $500 deposit. This is just to see if you are a serious buyer. Really they shouldn’t care because they will make lots of $$ on order people don’t follow through with.
Sponsored