• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do dealers know their number of Allocations for the next wave(s)?

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Night-of reservation; confirmed #1 on priority list at a medium-sized dealer with no MSRP. The dealer had one truck allocated in early 2022 who declined; I got the invite to order in wave 7 but kicked to the next year so I could have a chance to get a Pro.

Dealer states that they do not know their allocation(s) in the next wave(s). Anyone else have a dealer pull this number?

Even if I was #1 at the dealer, if they received zero allocations I would be screwed for this wave(s)?

Double posted over on reddit and am hearing no allocations released; checking if y'all have any other insight.
Sponsored

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey Max Tow
Occupation
Retired Attorney; Teacher
I believe they do, or so my dealer intimated when I ordered in the 2022 Wave 7.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I believe they do, or so my dealer intimated when I order in the 2022 Wave 7.
Wave 7 was completely unexpected and outside the normal number of allocations. Some dealers were big winners in the allocation game, some dealers were not. Some of this had to do with ZEV states, but maybe there were other factors as well. (Ford may have looked at how many the reservation->order conversion rate at a particular dealer).

I am *hoping* that Ford is rewarding dealers who have a high conversion rate--which probably means they are charging MSRP with no BS--with additional allocations and giving shady dealers less allocations. This would include dealers with high ADM or surprise ADM, the "canceled order-->dealer stock" scheme, etc.

I don't know if 2023 has been ironed out yet, I imagine they will adjust as the production starts to match how the ramp up strategy is progressing...
Sponsored