• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to enable "Access Control" on FCSP

jcampbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat ER
I recently had the Ford Charge Station Pro installed outside of my garage. I was hoping to turn on the "access control" feature that I read about at the following location:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-and-unlock-my-ford-connected-charge-station/

However the Ford Pass App does not have the "three dot" More option on the bottom right of the menu. I am able to get to a charge station menu that looks like the screen depicted in the link above (the one with a pic of the FCSP, Insights, Settings, and Station Sharing) by going to the Account option on the top right of the app, but when I go to settings it doesn't offer access control. Under Station Sharing, it says that I have to enable access control in the settings menu to proceed with Station Sharing...

I spent about 1.5 hours trying to talk to someone at Ford the other night about this and spent most of the time on hold getting transferred between groups. No solution and eventually they told me that they would get back in touch with me later. I have low confidence that I will hear back from them on this issue.

Has anyone had success enabling access control for the FCSP?
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I recently had the Ford Charge Station Pro installed outside of my garage. I was hoping to turn on the "access control" feature that I read about at the following location:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-and-unlock-my-ford-connected-charge-station/

However the Ford Pass App does not have the "three dot" More option on the bottom right of the menu. I am able to get to a charge station menu that looks like the screen depicted in the link above (the one with a pic of the FCSP, Insights, Settings, and Station Sharing) by going to the Account option on the top right of the app, but when I go to settings it doesn't offer access control. Under Station Sharing, it says that I have to enable access control in the settings menu to proceed with Station Sharing...

I spent about 1.5 hours trying to talk to someone at Ford the other night about this and spent most of the time on hold getting transferred between groups. No solution and eventually they told me that they would get back in touch with me later. I have low confidence that I will hear back from them on this issue.

Your hyperlink and, I expect, the ā€œUnlockā€ feature your asking about are for the Ford Connected Charge Station, not the Ford Charge Station Pro. These are two different products and I have seen the ā€œUnlockā€ feature on or documented on my FCSPā€¦ā€¦..

OP
OP

jcampbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Lariat ER
Your hyperlink and, I expect, the ā€œUnlockā€ feature your asking about are for the Ford Connected Charge Station, not the Ford Charge Station Pro. These are two different products and I have seen the ā€œUnlockā€ feature on or documented on my FCSPā€¦ā€¦..
Good catch. I did not see that difference. That being said, when I go to the Ford Charge Station Pro screen, I do see references to "access control" and a pointer telling me to turn on access control in settings but that toggle button is not there in my settings menu. So what I'd like to understand is if they do not have the ability to "lock" the FCSP like they do with the FCCS or if they have not enabled that feature on the FCSP like they have with the FCCS and it is coming. Appreciate your response none-the-less.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Until it gets sorted out, switch off the breaker. That does have the downside of limiting the ability to receive updates, though.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Hey, no harm intended, so hopefully no foulšŸ˜Ž

Iā€™ve seen the reference to the feature you noted in the FordPass app in the Sharing sub-menu under Account>>Charge Station, but assumed it was for the commercial version of the FCSP sold to Fleet operators I saw discussed elsewhere on the forum.

You raise an interesting question, as I never thought about how it might apply to the ā€œindividualā€ user who installs their FCSP outside or in Public-accessible location. Currently, the only option would be to throw the controlli circuit breakerā€¦.not ideal.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, answer you receiveā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Sponsored

kapmagnuson

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sales

I am having the exact same issue. Hopeful for a solution here!

TheHey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geologist
I also have this issue. I spent some time on the phone with Ford's support agent here in Canada today, and was told that this feature does not exist for the FCSP and they didn't have any information on if/when that feature might become available. What I do find strange is that from the FordPass app, I'm seeing a different software version that I see from the ChargeStationPro App. It's also telling me to update the FCSP, but there's no way to make that happen.

ChargeStationPro App:
Ford F-150 Lightning How to enable "Access Control" on FCSP IMG_8423.PNG

FordPass App:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What I do find strange is that from the FordPass app, I'm seeing a different software version that I see from the ChargeStationPro App
The FordPass app will match given time.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Until it gets sorted out, switch off the breaker. That does have the downside of limiting the ability to receive updates, though.
I have a cutoff switch in my garage so that I can turn off my FCSP that is mounted on the outside of my house.
Sponsored