• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to Track Lightning Order Process - Alternate Route

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Most orders can be tracked through:

https://www.ford.com

website after you Log In and choose the "Reservations" Tab.

But some of us who changed dealers at some point do not fit into this category and Ford does not update that website for us anymore. Also, (in my case) emails do not come from Ford anymore. No More Spam! :)

Alternately, you will have to go to:

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=XXXXXXXX

where"XXXXXXXX" = your Reservation#.

If Ford is about to, or has, given you a VIN you will find it by a simple hack:

In your Browser, on the above page, CTRL-SHIFT-I, and then RELOAD. After it loads all the Coding, type "VIN" in the Code Search Box upper left corner and your VIN should be in the second line of Coding that comes up. Look for Yellow Shading.

In order to get more detail and your Window Sticker (when issued several weeks before production date) you will go to:

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Your will need your Order # from your Order Form (4 digits) or from your Dealer, and your VIN# to track.

All of the above info has been posted previously by members but I thought I would again post it in one place. Please correct if I got anything wrong. :)
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I have been watching my dealers inventory for clues as to when I can schedule a test drive, so far only listing his ICE trucks in transit.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I have been watching my dealers inventory for clues as to when I can schedule a test drive, so far only listing his ICE trucks in transit.
I took my cue from you and just did the same thing... Found 2 Lightnings listed in the Seattle "Area" on sites and both have blend dates after mine. I am not sure they are demo models or not but if so, it appears that mine at least was built before theirs...
Window Sticker (forddirect.com)
New 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Crew Cab Pickup in Burlington #NWG05103 | Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford (dwaynelaneskagitford.com)
New 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4D Crew Cab in Kirkland #G02965 | Ford of Kirkland

I think only a few of the dealers are listing them to start with. I know my dealer also has one on order and was waiting to ship but they don't list it yet.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I took my cue from you and just did the same thing... Found 2 Lightnings listed in the Seattle "Area" on sites and both have blend dates after mine. I am not sure they are demo models or not but if so, it appears that mine at least was built before theirs...

I think only a few of the dealers are listing them to start with. I know my dealer also has one on order and was waiting to ship but they don't list it yet.
Those are customer special orders, they should not let anyone touch or drive those trucks.

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
New 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Crew Cab Pickup in Burlington #NWG05103 | Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford (dwaynelaneskagitford.com)
New 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat 4D Crew Cab in Kirkland #G02965 | Ford of Kirkland

Bowen Scarff has a Pro listed. I tracked it and it’s not shipped yet.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
In order to get more detail and your Window Sticker (when issued several weeks before production date) you will go to:

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Your will need your Order # from your Order Form (4 digits) or from your Dealer, and your VIN# to track.

All of the above info has been posted previously by members but I thought I would again post it in one place. Please correct if I got anything wrong. :)
Take note using this tracking resource, we noticed today that I and a fellow researcher (Ron) were getting mixed results, it appears that my Chrome browser cache had gone stale and had not refreshed with the latest data from the server even after repeated queries.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to Track Lightning Order Process - Alternate Route 1653600112732

I cleared the browser cache and got more accurate results:

Ford F-150 Lightning How to Track Lightning Order Process - Alternate Route 1653600072445

Note this is Nick's truck, as we all know it's has been delivered.

The OrderTrack.app shows this status

Ford F-150 Lightning How to Track Lightning Order Process - Alternate Route 1653600236037

So consider clearing the cache, (these are the categories I cleared)
Ford F-150 Lightning How to Track Lightning Order Process - Alternate Route 1653600475469
Sponsored