• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Illinois $4k ev tax rebate

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Have you heard anything more on your application? I sent mine in at the end of August and have heard nothing. I assume that they batch them all after the 9/30 date and before it reopens to new applicants, just would be nice to get some confirmation on the submission.
I haven't received anything. When I sent the wrong stuff in the first time, they sent a letter - so I'm assuming no news is good news this time around.

From what they told me, after 9/30 they will start processing applications in order they were received.

The fund contains $17.9M and from what I see, they have about $6M in outstanding apps as of yesterday, so anyone who submitted should get a rebate.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chuin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They have started processing the payments if you were in the group that closed 9/30. I got my check today. Looks like the fund will run out of money on the next wave of applicants.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am curious for the second round of the EV rebates that opens up on November 1st if the vehicle has to be purchased between November 1st and the end of the window that it is open for applications. I am test driving the F-150 Lightning today and may potentially buy it, but I would hate to miss out on the rebate by a couple days. Does anyone happen to know if the vehicle has to be bought on or after November 1st for the second round?

OP
OP

Chuin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am curious for the second round of the EV rebates that opens up on November 1st if the vehicle has to be purchased between November 1st and the end of the window that it is open for applications. I am test driving the F-150 Lightning today and may potentially buy it, but I would hate to miss out on the rebate by a couple days. Does anyone happen to know if the vehicle has to be bought on or after November 1st for the second round?

The dates are just the ranges that they are using to process payments. If you go to the website it shows the number of people that submitted for the rebate. They are using the windows to do the processing it seems. As long as you submit your info before January 31st you’re in the next group For processing. But unless they add money to the fund it will probably run out in the next wave.
The dates are just the ranges that they are using to process payments. If you go to the website it shows the number of people that submitted for the rebate. They are using the windows to do the processing it seems. As long as you submit your info before January 31st you’re in the next group for processing. But unless they add money to the fund it will probably run out in the next wave.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The dates are just the ranges that they are using to process payments. If you go to the website it shows the number of people that submitted for the rebate. They are using the windows to do the processing it seems. As long as you submit your info before January 31st you’re in the next group For processing. But unless they add money to the fund it will probably run out in the next wave.
Thanks, I think what confused me was that it notes in the FAQs for the program that vehicles for the first round would have had to have been purchased on or after July 1st, so I was thinking that maybe the second round would have required that vehicles be purchased on or after November 1st...

Ford F-150 Lightning Illinois $4k ev tax rebate Screenshot_20221029-091031_OneDrive

Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just received my $4,000 check for my 2023 F-150 Lightning that I bought back in November! Sure am glad to finally have it!

dachelpo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightening, 2015 Ford Flex
Occupation
Retired - Music Director 21 years, H.S. Principal 8 years, Public School Supt. 9 years, Church Organist 21+ years
I filled my application in September 2023 on the Lightning I bought on Sept. 7th. I believe IL has the right idea to offer the rebate. Between the rebate and the federal tax credit (which I should be able to collect off my 2023 federal taxes) it makes the Lightning purchase $4000.00 + $7,500 = $11,500 cheaper. I did have to take my IL rebate forms in to the dealership to get the dealer to give their full correct name (Sexton Ford, Inc. not Sexton Ford as I had on the form originally) and it also requires the someone to sign for the dealership. :)

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I filled my application in September 2023 on the Lightning I bought on Sept. 7th. I believe IL has the right idea to offer the rebate. Between the rebate and the federal tax credit (which I should be able to collect off my 2023 federal taxes) it makes the Lightning purchase $4000.00 + $7,500 = $11,500 cheaper. I did have to take my IL rebate forms in to the dealership to get the dealer to give their full correct name (Sexton Ford, Inc. not Sexton Ford as I had on the form originally) and it also requires the someone to sign for the dealership. :)
Yeah, I agree that it is the right idea, even if the combination of the rebate and the Federal Tax Credit means that I still came out paying about $1,500 over MSRP thanks to the markup on my truck.
Sponsored