• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I'm all about that base , bout that base, bout that base, No Platinum

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
Out of curiosity, when you cancelled your reservation was there a place to tell them why you were requesting a refund?
Yes I've gone back and forth about it and canceled 4 times. Extensive contact with Ford media and their customer support and the dealer. They aren't going to sell that truck to me no matter what. I even pointed out that I was given conflicting information. Some emails said I could buy it, some said I couldn't. Facebook rep and dealer said I could, some manager for the lightning said I couldn't. I got fed up with all the conflicting information and the fact that they're too proud to sell me the truck I want.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yes I've gone back and forth about it and canceled 4 times. Extensive contact with Ford media and their customer support and the dealer. They aren't going to sell that truck to me no matter what. I even pointed out that I was given conflicting information. Some emails said I could buy it, some said I couldn't. Facebook rep and dealer said I could, some manager for the lightning said I couldn't. I got fed up with all the conflicting information and the fact that they're too proud to sell me the truck I want.
At this point if you're expecting any "hard" information I think you're out of luck. Final specs and prices have not been officially announced yet.

For the first set of reservations, it is a leap of faith.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable waiting a bit to see how things shake out.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
At this point if you're expecting any "hard" information I think you're out of luck. Final specs and prices have not been officially announced yet.

For the first set of reservations, it is a leap of faith.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable waiting a bit to see how things shake out.
Ya several years down the road I think they will have more options available. However Ford has also talked a lot recently about reducing costs/complexity in manufacturing so I could see some of the options and possibly even entire trims disappearing. What's the real difference between a Platinum/king ranch/ limited on the current truck?

OP
OP

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Looks like it is all about the base now except there ain’t much to go around…
Nope , I'm not anticipating getting a Pro this year 1. Ford isn't making many 2. I'm like 100k in line. Maybe wave 6? Hopefully , MY23 has some more flexible options for the consumer like an affordable XLT with ER or a Pro with ER.

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Nope , I'm not anticipating getting a Pro this year 1. Ford isn't making many 2. I'm like 100k in line. Maybe wave 6? Hopefully , MY23 has some more flexible options for the consumer like an affordable XLT with ER or a Pro with ER.
That’s what I said. The best is the Pro (it’s all about the base)….
1. Ain’t much to go around.
2: see #1

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
its all about the base unless you want that extra 140 hp.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I canceled my reservation because they refuse to sell the extended range pro to standard consumers. Money talks.
If the put the extended battery on the pro it would be a 19,500 upcharge like the XLT but the Pro doesn't have those options which would prove they are screwing XLT buyers already
Sponsored