• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Interest Rates softening market?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Until Rivian offers a $50k truck, I stand by my pricing assessment. Yes the Lightning can be as expensive as a Rivian, but no a Rivian can't be as cheap as a Lightning.
Sponsored

ericjtsang

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat SR, LC500
For me, I also don't really NEED a truck. The Lightning just compensates for higher gas, but at 75K, I start to question the value due to all the factors

OP
OP

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations
Until Rivian offers a $50k truck, I stand by my pricing assessment. Yes the Lightning can be as expensive as a Rivian, but no a Rivian can't be as cheap as a Lightning.
I think it’s apples and orange at that price point. The $51k Pro is far from a luxury truck and isn’t even in the same ballpark.

Point taken that it exists, but I don’t think Rivian is losing sleep over Pro sales that come with Rubber seats and 240 mile range.

Apples to Apples on feature set and battery size, they’re effectively priced the same these days.

Reactions: rxn

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I think it’s apples and orange at that price point. The $51k Pro is far from a luxury truck and isn’t even in the same ballpark.

Point taken that it exists, but I don’t think Rivian is losing sleep over Pro sales that come with Rubber seats and 240 mile range.

Apples to Apples on feature set and battery size, they’re effectively priced the same these days.
If Rivian is losing sleep over anything, it's that they are losing money on every single preorder being built and sold that they were forced to price protect. The higher commodity and part prices climb, the less likely they survive. And if they do, current prices won't matter. They will raise them just like everybody else.

OP
OP

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations
If Rivian is losing sleep over anything, it's that they are losing money on every single preorder being built and sold that they were forced to price protect. The higher commodity and part prices climb, the less likely they survive. And if they do, current prices won't matter. They will raise them just like everybody else.
I completely agree! Full transparency, I have orders on both at the prices I screenshotted. First one here wins. I’m rooting for the Lightning though, much easier for the significant other if both cars are running the same OSes

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My Ford salesperson called me about 3 incoming 2022 Mustang Mach E that customers are abandoning due to not being to qualify for loans due to increased interest rates.

Their ADM is still $10K so I said I'll pass until my ordered MME arrives...

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Back when Mustang Mach E first came out, I remember seeing a post from someone saying that because of his credit, he got Ford Options at 6.5%. That's when the rate for the rest of us was 2.25%. I suspect that today that person would be paying a lot more.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Rivian will be raising their prices significantly in the near future. And Ford will probably be forced to raise prices 5+% each year for the next 3 years at least. You can still get 84 month loans (the most popular loan) around 2.8% with good credit. That's basically free money in terms of the loan cost; it's still a lot of money for any vehicle.

A Honda Civic for 25k doesn't sound so bad after all...
Sponsored