• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is the Lariat worth $40k more than the Pro?

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Quite frankly, since I wanted an extended range vehicle, a Pro in that configuration would not have been a good value ā€” especially if the price increase was $10K. While I have a Lariat ER on order, my actual preference was for an XLT ER with everything but leather and the sunroof. However, for a $3K price difference, it just did not make sense.

I drove a Pro today, and it was fine. I just do not care for the plastic steering wheel, vInyl seats and a rubber floor. My preference is leather wheel, cloth seats and carpet.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Quite frankly, since I wanted an extended range vehicle, a Pro in that configuration would not have been a good value ā€” especially if the price increase was $10K. While I have a Lariat ER on order, my actual preference was for an XLT ER with everything but leather and the sunroof. However, for a $3K price difference, it just did not make sense.

I drove a Pro today, and it was fine. I just do not care for the plastic steering wheel, vInyl seats and a rubber floor. My preference is leather wheel, cloth seats and carpet.
my xlt I sold had cloth seats and carpet, Iā€™m worried Iā€™ll miss those on my Pro.

however, it didnā€™t have automatic 4x4, parking sensors, etc etc.

Itā€™s all perspective. I donā€™t think a previous lariat driver would like the Pro. But for anyone who drove an older truck, XLT trim or lower, itā€™s a really compelling value

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
my xlt I sold had cloth seats and carpet, Iā€™m worried Iā€™ll miss those on my Pro.

however, it didnā€™t have automatic 4x4, parking sensors, etc etc.

Itā€™s all perspective. I donā€™t think a previous lariat driver would like the Pro. But for anyone who drove an older truck, XLT trim or lower, itā€™s a really compelling value
I donā€™t disagree. My pick ups have been XLT trim or LT (Chevrolet) - without leather. For me, I really wanted the XLT Extended Range, but felt that the Lariat was the better value due to the additional equipment and the relatively small price difference. If the price difference had been substantial as It was with the preliminary pricing schedule, I would have gone with the XLT Extended Range instead of the Lariat Extended Range.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I'm getting a Pro, but had second thoughts and almost switched to the Lariat. I just couldn't justify the $30k+ difference. If i don't like the vinyl seats, I'll get custom leather seats put in for under $4k with heat and vent. The running boards, the fold out work surface i can add for about a grand. I canan probably add the opening rear window for about a grand too. Don't really care for big screen or fancy lightbar. So $6k-7k later (all govt refund), I'll have a really nice custom Pro that won't depreciate as much. Now if i really needed the ER, then it'd be a different story.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Living in the cold is a choice. No one is forcing you to stay there :)

come to the beach and enjoy an SR like the rest of us !
Yeah - but I like the cold more than the heat. Much easier to get warm than it is to get cool.

Also - I like having water. Plenty in the Northeast!
Sponsored