• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
I'm not saying it's impossible for an old person to like EVs, nor am I saying there are no older EV owners, that would be a lie.

I'm just saying younger demographics tend to embrace drastic changes in technology in larger numbers. Most young people love EVs, and most old people don't trust EVs. There are a variety of reasons for that which we won't get into here.

Older buyers tend to have more disposable income, but as previously stated, generally like to stick with what they already know, ICE vehicles in this case..
I read this and smiled. 80+ years ago my granddaddy oversaw the crew that built and installed the generators in the Number One Powerhouse at Grand Coulee Dam and a few other dams on the main-stem river as well. And the main power service at Hanford.

Today power that like + wind & solar & nukes & NG & oil-based, etc that powers those BEVs. In fact the two we own.

So it’s my blood to know more than plugging in devices. It is how they are built, how they work, and they are put to work that matters. In that same way that falling water rocked my grandparents and parents world, A.I. will really rock it and make the future more complicated underneath and seamless atop. And no one will be any smarter, just users. Probably the younger generations just less able to build or fix a thing. Or design & build. Smart users but shallow. The rise of the machines.