• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Next gen Lightning is in Tennessee. What is coming to the REVC is supposed to be totally different than the next gen F150.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, that's what the article said, I didn't want to change the misleading headline from the article, the state of journalism in the 21st century.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yes, that's what the article said, I didn't want to change the misleading headline from the article, the state of journalism in the 21st century.
I thought it was the other way around - the Tennessee was the T3 / Non-F150 electric truck.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm suspecting a true GEN-2 F150 body on frame Lightning to fill the gap of their original plan to get Tennesee up and running, note the declining sales, and recent news that a reduction of investments in new plants is at hand, obviously the new plant is already a work in process, but who knows if they will bring T3 out in 2025 as originally intended!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm suspecting a true GEN-2 F150 body on frame Lightning to fill the gap of their original plan to get Tennesee up and running, note the declining sales, and recent news that a reduction of investments in new plants is at hand, obviously the new plant is already a work in process, but who knows if they will bring T3 out in 2025 as originally intended!
Yeah - that makes sense.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
The plan that was told to me by engineers is this.

Next gen Lightning launches from Tennessee.

DTP is shut down and retooled, REVC stops production.

KCAP is retooled after DTP launches.

REVC retooled for new EV truck.

The new truck at REVC is a shocker. Nobody knew another vehicle was being sourced there, so the design of whatever it is, probably isn't close to being finalized.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
Interesting.

I suspect that this means that T3 production will begin at REVC alongside 2nd-gen Lightnings, and that both will move to Tennessee when it comes online. On page 10 there’s a bullet point that REVC employees will have the right to transfer to Tennessee.

The timing of the Tennessee plan start-up was always weird to me - with the plant opening sometime in 2025, the first vehicles off the line would be in mid-model-year at the earliest. There are always delays, so waiting for TN to be ready means that Ford might miss a big part of the 2025 model year. And I expect 2025 will be a big year for EVs.

So it makes sense to start building the 2025 EV trucks at REVC and transfer production when Tennessee is ready.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
If you look at the wording at REVC. It says continue F150 Lightning Production through its product lifecycle. Similar wording is found on Edge plant and Escape plant. Two models we know are ending. Then says add new EV truck. Sounds like T3 could get built at REVC.

But I thought Ford mentioned T3 production to be done at new EV plant in Tennessee. But they don't mention the new plant in the UAW agreement.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
If you look at the wording at REVC. It says continue F150 Lightning Production through its product lifecycle. Similar wording is found on Edge plant and Escape plant. Two models we know are ending. Then says add new EV truck. Sounds like T3 could get built at REVC.

But I thought Ford mentioned T3 production to be done at new EV plant in Tennessee. But they don't mention the new plant in the UAW agreement.
The new plant technically doesn't exist with regards to the contract. There are no represented employees working there yet.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Interesting.

I suspect that this means that T3 production will begin at REVC alongside 2nd-gen Lightnings, and that both will move to Tennessee when it comes online. On page 10 there’s a bullet point that REVC employees will have the right to transfer to Tennessee.

The timing of the Tennessee plan start-up was always weird to me - with the plant opening sometime in 2025, the first vehicles off the line would be in mid-model-year at the earliest. There are always delays, so waiting for TN to be ready means that Ford might miss a big part of the 2025 model year. And I expect 2025 will be a big year for EVs.

So it makes sense to start building the 2025 EV trucks at REVC and transfer production when Tennessee is ready.
No new product will be built at the REVC before Tenesee comes online. The transfer agreement is in regards to the employees currently building the Lightning. We have transfer rights to the Tennessee plant because they are assuming production of their current product.
Sponsored

Last edited: