• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jump on 2023 platinum?

vvasilis

First Name
Vasilis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5 , Chevrolet bolt EUV, Tesla model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Hi folks,

I’m just thinking trade in my 2020 BMW x5 and Chevrolet bolt EUV and get my hands into a 2023 ford f150 platinum. Dealer in CA is discounting those 12.500 off since Ford announce the deals. Do you guys think I should get my hands on the 2023 or wait possibly for 2024 model? Prons, cons?
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
A better value is a used 2022 Platinum. 23s have massaging seat delete among other things. Massaging seats are the biggest reason to spring for a Platinum.

To answer your question more directly, I don't think a 2023 Platinum at $12,500 off is a great value right now. I drive a 2022 Platinum and love it but I paid dearly to get it a year early. Now you can find them with low mileage for about $65k. I paid...er...more than that.😆

Dugornot

First Name
Arendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx 2.7t bl, tbd f150 lightning
A better value is a used 2022 Platinum. 23s have massaging seat delete among other things. Massaging seats are the biggest reason to spring for a Platinum.

To answer your question more directly, I don't think a 2023 Platinum at $12,500 off is a great value right now. I drive a 2022 Platinum and love it but I paid dearly to get it a year early. Now you can find them with low mileage for about $65k. I paid...er...more than that.😆
About to do the same, pulling the trigger on a 22' Platinum for the seats options, also the scales options, I'm also seeing those get deleted.

Question, how does your heater work in colder months? I see Ford's adding heat pumps to 24s... Wondering if noticable difference?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Question, how does your heater work in colder months? I see Ford's adding heat pumps to 24s... Wondering if noticable difference?
I think the quoted range difference is 10 miles. IMO the current heater is fine, but I live where it's hot. I might have a very different opinion if I lived where there's snow. But then I'd probably use preconditioning.

Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Platinum is nice, but other than nicer looking seats and massage seats, what does it get you over a Lariat ER? You may be able to find a good deal on a Lariat if those two features aren't deal breakers.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
About to do the same, pulling the trigger on a 22' Platinum for the seats options, also the scales options, I'm also seeing those get deleted.

The heat works better than any ICE vehicle I've owned. It starts heating immediately. I don't usually get into a cold truck though because I auto-start using FordPass.

The heat pump is for better efficiency not more heat. Range takes about a 20% hit going from 70° to 30° and a bigger hit when it's colder. You'll be toasty warm though.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
You can get a Lariat ER for $60k, $80k for Platinum is not so great.
Sponsored