• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat Power Running Boards

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What's the deal with these? I am confused, are these special order from the dealer or are they standard on the Lariat and will just come at a later time?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What's the deal with these? I am confused, are these special order from the dealer or are they standard on the Lariat and will just come at a later time?
Option on the Lariat, but delayed due to part availability. If you want them, you dealer can add them to your order, but it will likely delay your truck.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Option on the Lariat, but delayed due to part availability. If you want them, you dealer can add them to your order, but it will likely delay your truck.
O.k. this is where I was confused. I was under the impression that it would be a dealer installed option after delivery. I wonder if ICE Lariats are being delayed because of this also. I might just go ahead and get the electric running boards, might as well.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Wasn't even an option when I just did my order. :(
The dealer has to add them. They are not on the online build and price. Only available on Lariat and Platinum.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Oh, I didn't even know it was an option. Can I get them from the dealer after I buy the truck? I don't want it delaying my order.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Oh, I didn't even know it was an option. Can I get them from the dealer after I buy the truck? I don't want it delaying my order.
Your dealer won't install them. It will require different wiring and programming.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
For ICE trucks there are aftermarket versions of these. Rumor is that they are having to be designed due to the battery on the Lightning. You would have thought that they would have had a couple of years to do that.

It is correct they are only able to be added by a dealer, but it will also delay your truck. The part that makes them so tempting is that they were only about a $200 add on. I figure most of us would have added them for that price. They likely would have been standard on the Platinum.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
When I bought my Lariat they cost far more than $200. I think it was more than $1000.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
They aren't a big deal for me, so whatever. I'm sure someone will figure out how to do the DIY install shortly after the trucks start getting out there. I'll consider adding them later.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Has anyone here actually had them added to their order?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The fixed running boards have additional zone lighting which isn't available on the ICE retractable running boards. Might make it easier to stomach the tradeoff.

The retractable boards probably have an aero benefit but I'd guess that they'd also carry a weight penalty.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
The fixed running boards have additional zone lighting which isn't available on the ICE retractable running boards. Might make it easier to stomach the tradeoff.

The retractable boards probably have an aero benefit but I'd guess that they'd also carry a weight penalty.
In addition to above..
I did not want them because there may be problems in deploy and retract in ice/slushy snow conditions. Also just more points to have to grease and for rust to occur.
My 4'10" wife wanted them to help her get into our truck but they are no lower or further out than static steps. There are much better alternatives for disability issues on the aftermarket.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
For ICE trucks there are aftermarket versions of these. Rumor is that they are having to be designed due to the battery on the Lightning. You would have thought that they would have had a couple of years to do that.

It is correct they are only able to be added by a dealer, but it will also delay your truck. The part that makes them so tempting is that they were only about a $200 add on. I figure most of us would have added them for that price. They likely would have been standard on the Platinum.
They're standard equipment on the Platinum it seems.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Power Running Boards 1647100228663

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
They're standard equipment on the Platinum it seems.

1647100228663.png
You are correct on the ICE version. So far they are not on the Lightning. I believe once the redesign is done and they are no longer on "Late Availability" I believe they will be added as standard equipment to the Platinum and show up as an option on the Lariat on the customer order page.

As far as the new lighting is concerned on the current Lightning running boards, I believe that lighting and redesign is what will be added to the auto deployable running board.
Sponsored