• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Leveling Powerboost with 360 Camera

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Having a ready lift 2" leveling kit installed by my dealer. The initially quoted me just over $900 for parts/labor. Thought that was a bit high from the start, but I digress. Dropped it off Tuesday to have the work done and have the driveshaft insulation recall done while it's there. The plan was for them to do the level kit Wed and finish the recall work Thursday (today) and have it ready by close of business.

Today they called, saying they didn't realize it was a powerboost with a 360 Camera system, and they'll need $400 extra to recalibrate that system. They claimed the battery or computer needed to be removed to do that or some such. Didn't sound right to me.

You guys ever heard anything like that?
Sponsored

Leadfootx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Navy
Tf lol? I have a powerboost with a 2 inch suspension level everything works fine

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Did mine in the driveway, no issues with the camera.

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I was supposed to get a level this week on my 2022 Platinum Powerboost. Dealer came back and said they did not have a kit for it. Said the technician called Ford, and that there was no OEM level kit for the Platinum/Powerboost (not sure which is the differentiator).

Then I asked about a coil-over level kit and was told that type of kit would negatively impact my ride quality - making it much rougher.

Seen plenty of guys on here getting their trucks leveled, so no idea why my dealer came with that feedback. Anybody else?

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
Thanks for the feedback all. I fought them on the extra charges and got them to at least meet me halfway at $200 extra rather than $400. I'm still not sure if the camera thing was legit or not. Checking out the work afterwards, I could see how the PB may be a little more time consuming to level, if you're coming from the engine bay. Some of the hybrid components are directly above the shock towers on one side. Of course, with the wheel off, looks like that could be avoided by accessing the shock tower through the fender well.

It does at least appear to have been a clean install. Everything looks right, rides fine, alignment is good, no rubbing, etc.

There is a ton of confusion around these trucks at dealers. Purchased mine from this same dealer and had asked the salesman about leveling at that time. He supposedly went to the parts department to check and came back saying they couldn't level a Powerboost. Having seen ton of folks level theirs on here, I knew that wasn't right, so I called the service department later myself, who indicated it can be done.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
I was supposed to get a level this week on my 2022 Platinum Powerboost. Dealer came back and said they did not have a kit for it. Said the technician called Ford, and that there was no OEM level kit for the Platinum/Powerboost (not sure which is the differentiator).

Then I asked about a coil-over level kit and was told that type of kit would negatively impact my ride quality - making it much rougher.

Seen plenty of guys on here getting their trucks leveled, so no idea why my dealer came with that feedback. Anybody else?
I was initially told this as well, but it's not correct. There may not be an "OEM" leveling kit (as in for Original Equipment), but most of the dealers seem to default to "ReadyLift" and can install others.

Also my understanding on the coil over vs spacer/pucks is that the coil over will actually preserve the factory ride better, though it'll cost you. With the spacer, your factory springs are compressed a bit, resulting in a stiffer ride. I have the readylift spacers and the ride is a little stiffer. Reduced body roll on-road though.

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I was initially told this as well, but it's not correct. There may not be an "OEM" leveling kit (as in for Original Equipment), but most of the dealers seem to default to "ReadyLift" and can install others.

Also my understanding on the coil over vs spacer/pucks is that the coil over will actually preserve the factory ride better, though it'll cost you. With the spacer, your factory springs are compressed a bit, resulting in a stiffer ride. I have the readylift spacers and the ride is a little stiffer. Reduced body roll on-road though.

That's good to hear. Do we know which Coil-Over Level is best? I thought someone said the FOX brand.

I would not mind less roll and maybe even a bit tighter/stiffer drive. That said, I am amazed at how tight the truck actually is. Mine drives and performs as well as my BMW. I'm sure handling may not be as good, but the speed and acceleration are just as good or maybe better in certain scenarios

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
That's good to hear. Do we know which Coil-Over Level is best? I thought someone said the FOX brand.

I would not mind less roll and maybe even a bit tighter/stiffer drive. That said, I am amazed at how tight the truck actually is. Mine drives and performs as well as my BMW. I'm sure handling may not be as good, but the speed and acceleration are just as good or maybe better in certain scenarios
There may be some other threads on the coil overs. Fox is definitely up there. I just wanted to improve the stance, give myself a bit more ground clearance for offroading, and make some room for larger tires down the road.

Mine was really soft and cushy riding before this, like a 70's caddy. Kind of liked it since I didn't expect to have a "canyon carver" when I got an F150.

My PB blows my wife's X3 out of the water on acceleration, still can't hang with her in the corners though!

BTW, is that a Clemson tiger paw? I went to that "other" SC school in Columbia :)

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
There is only one PAW...I am from Charleston SC and went to Clemson. Always thought I was going back to SC from Philly...but ended up in Naples FL. Love Naples...but don't have those season tickets....

My only concern on the leveling is making sure I don't void the Ford warranty.

Next week I get my RetraxPro and Bed Rug installed. Will continue to research the level kit. I don't need it lifted, but a level would be nice.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
There is only one PAW...I am from Charleston SC and went to Clemson. Always thought I was going back to SC from Philly...but ended up in Naples FL. Love Naples...but don't have those season tickets....

Next week I get my RetraxPro and Bed Rug installed. Will continue to research the level kit. I don't need it lifted, but a level would be nice.
You better get these first!
Ford F-150 Lightning Leveling Powerboost with 360 Camera E18CCD57-F5FE-403A-B2E8-F1A01A2CE7D1

Sponsored
OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost

Cool. Have a ton of friends from high school who went to Clemson, so spent a decent amount of time there over the years, mostly for the Carolina Clemson game days. I'm from Greenville originally.

Warranty was one reason I had my level installed at the dealer, rather than at a small shop, but I'm really not sure if it would impact warranty or not.

One pleasant surprise has been that my fuel economy hasn't changed at all, course it's only a 2" level and I'm still running stock wheels/tires for now....