• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro bait and switch

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I placed my reservation on day 1, but didn't get a confirmation until the next morning. I assumed a few things about placing a reservation that appear to be foolish assumptions.
1) I assumed a timestamp reservation would mean that my reservation would be processed in the order it was received. This is not what is actually happening.
2)I assumed that the advertised sub $40k model would be actually a buyable car. Apparently only a hand full of first wave buyers had this option. Everyone else is SOL.

I haven't had a Ford since my 65 mustang back in the 80's. I'm really having a negative view of Ford in seeing the way they are treating potential customers.
I'm only interested in a pro. Ford needs to be much more fair and transparent in their reservation process. If they give you a reservation number and a timestamp then they should honor that reservation and time stamp. Not doing so his disingenuous. If they say that there is a sub 40k pro model of available to the general public then they need to make that available. I think what would be much more fair is when your reservation number came up they gave you the ability to order the truck you want and tell you the lead time. They should make every effort to fill the orders as they come in. This is a very disappointing rollout. I'm forced to assume that there will be no pro version of the truck available to the general public anytime in the foreseeable future. I have no choice but to look for other options while I wait. Very disappointing Ford!
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I placed my reservation on day 1, but didn't get a confirmation until the next morning. I assumed a few things about placing a reservation that appear to be foolish assumptions.
1) I assumed a timestamp reservation would mean that my reservation would be processed in the order it was received. This is not what is actually happening.
2)I assumed that the advertised sub $40k model would be actually a buyable car. Apparently only a hand full of first wave buyers had this option. Everyone else is SOL.

I haven't had a Ford since my 65 mustang back in the 80's. I'm really having a negative view of Ford in seeing the way they are treating potential customers.
I'm only interested in a pro. Ford needs to be much more fair and transparent in their reservation process. If they give you a reservation number and a timestamp then they should honor that reservation and time stamp. Not doing so his disingenuous. If they say that there is a sub 40k pro model of available to the general public then they need to make that available. I think what would be much more fair is when your reservation number came up they gave you the ability to order the truck you want and tell you the lead time. They should make every effort to fill the orders as they come in. This is a very disappointing rollout. I'm forced to assume that there will be no pro version of the truck available to the general public anytime in the foreseeable future. I have no choice but to look for other options while I wait. Very disappointing Ford!
Chevy needs to be watching this Fiasco carefully. They had better not launch the 2024 Silverado E next January with a VERY limited supply of Silverado E Work Trucks (WT). I agree this is truly a Bait & Switch (Listening FTC?) although Ford did say early on there would be a 'Limited Supply' of Pro Trims available. But 500 (retail) units for 200,000 Reservations?! If Kroger had an ad for a 1/2 gallon of milk for $0.99 through next Tuesday and then only stocked 500 they would be in trouble for misleading advertising.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I thought the Silverado WT was only for fleets in 2023. It won't be available to consumers until at least 2024. TBH, I don't even think they have confirmed that it would be available to consumers at all, but I haven't been following it very closely.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Just an FYI, I also reserved on the 19th and didn't get a confirmation e-mail until the next morning. I don't know why but I've heard other people say that as well. When I went to my dealer they showed me the reservation list for their dealership, I was 8th in line out of over 150 reservations but there were NO reservations from 5/19 in their system. The first 20, or so, reservations all said 5/20.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Just an FYI, I also reserved on the 19th and didn't get a confirmation e-mail until the next morning. I don't know why but I've heard other people say that as well. When I went to my dealer they showed me the reservation list for their dealership, I was 8th in line out of over 150 reservations but there were NO reservations from 5/19 in their system. The first 20, or so, reservations all said 5/20.
The official reservation timestamp is in UTC time, so the earliest one possible is 01:30 on 5/20. I was 15 mins late after the gates opened, and my timestamp is "2021-05-20T01:45:58.811Z" (the Z is what tells you that it's UTC).

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The official reservation timestamp is in UTC time, so the earliest one possible is 01:30 on 5/20. I was 15 mins late after the gates opened, and my timestamp is "2021-05-20T01:45:58.811Z" (the Z is what tells you that it's UTC).
Ah, that makes sense. I did know that it was in UTC but I thought the reservation site opened up early enough for some people to get in on 5/19 even in UTC time.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Careful calling it a bait and switch. Your thread will get locked.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
switch and bait. :)
Sponsored