• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations?

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
Hope you are still pleased. Price has increased, but I just ordered this item. Should be good for our mild weather.
Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover Compatible with 2021-2023 Ford F-150; Lightning | 5.5' (67") Bed | TG-BC3F1064 https://a.co/d/h5oVXNM
Still looks great and works well. Very pleased with it!
Sponsored

swordfish

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Self Employed - Woodworking/ECommerce
I went with the Retrax PowerTraxPro MX. Very pricey, but love it.

https://retrax.com/powertraxpro-mx

My opinions...

Pros:
- Looks, Durability, Security
- Has been great with keeping bed dry even after a few hard rains (so far)
- Love having the powered cover and being able to stop it anywhere along the track
- Able to pair remote with visor homelink buttons. I have left button set to open the cover, center button for my garage door, and right button to close the cover.
- Additional light for the bed
- Fully open/retracted it does not obstruct rear window view
- This specific model has T-Track built into the sides so you can attach any cross bars, racks, etc...
- Straight forward self-install

Cons:
- Price
- Takes up room in our short 5'5" beds. I can still fit several sheets of 4'x8'.
- Covers up the 2x cab side box link attachments
- Price

For the majority of my personal needs/use of the Lightning bed the Retrax is a good fit. If you require the full use of the bed I would say to go with a different product.

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
I went with the Retrax PowerTraxPro MX. Very pricey, but love it.

https://retrax.com/powertraxpro-mx

My opinions...

Pros:
- Looks, Durability, Security
- Has been great with keeping bed dry even after a few hard rains (so far)
- Love having the powered cover and being able to stop it anywhere along the track
- Able to pair remote with visor homelink buttons. I have left button set to open the cover, center button for my garage door, and right button to close the cover.
- Additional light for the bed
- Fully open/retracted it does not obstruct rear window view
- This specific model has T-Track built into the sides so you can attach any cross bars, racks, etc...
- Straight forward self-install

Cons:
- Price
- Takes up room in our short 5'5" beds. I can still fit several sheets of 4'x8'.
- Covers up the 2x cab side box link attachments
- Price

For the majority of my personal needs/use of the Lightning bed the Retrax is a good fit. If you require the full use of the bed I would say to go with a different product.
Great breakdown. I have the same cover and love it!

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I bought a FlowTarp for $100 and I love it. Very versatile. Comes with extension straps for taller loads.
Hope this is not a violation of the promotion rules, which I could not find anywhere. Seems that there are a lot of people recommending products with web links, but my previous post about the FlowTarp was deleted. The product happens to be made by a friend of mine. Maybe that was the violation? I get nothing for mentioning the product. I just think it's slick and inexpensive.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? IMG_4696.JPG

Sponsored

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
Hope you are still pleased. Price has increased, but I just ordered this item. Should be good for our mild weather.
Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover Compatible with 2021-2023 Ford F-150; Lightning | 5.5' (67") Bed | TG-BC3F1064 https://a.co/d/h5oVXNM

Edit: received and that was an easy-peasy install. Exactly what I was wanting. Now I can get an extra 0.1 m/kw. Not really the reason for purchase. Needs to settle, but pleased.
IMG_2146.jpeg
Looks great, enjoy!

christian20

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER (on order)
Great breakdown. I have the same cover and love it!
Wanted to elaborate on this thread for anyone searching for retrax covers and boxlink compatibility. The retrax pro MX did cover the majority of the boxlink tie down cleats, but I was able to install the canister without removing the cleats, leaving just enough exposed to attach 1-2 bungee cords back there, which is all I need those cleats for right now.

It didn't expose enough that I could confidently tie down something real heavy on those cleats, but for stabilization/light items like bikes, the boxlink should remain compatible with the retrax covers
Sponsored