• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations?

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Ford is 20% off this month!

Our Tonneau, bed extender, and pet hammock showed in days!
@Nate977p was 20% at parts.ford.com? Trying to figure out where you saw it. Also looking for pet hammock and couldn’t find one at Ford.

Nevermind 😃. Would help if I went to correct site. Accessories.ford.com.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Can one use FordPass points and also use a discount code when Ford has a sale?

Nate977p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
@Nate977p was 20% at parts.ford.com? Trying to figure out where you saw it. Also looking for pet hammock and couldn’t find one at Ford.

Nevermind 😃. Would help if I went to correct site. Accessories.ford.com.
Did you find the pet hammock? I had issue verifying it was for F150 specific, and it was when it showed!

I am worried about the doors though, the Tesla OEM one has door protectors and I assumed the Ford would... If you find some door protectors let me know!

OP
OP

juzman

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline 2017
I ordered from realtruck.com. Based on a thread on the ICE F-150 forums, I emailed [email protected] and got a pretty nice discount. I just told him I saw they sponsored the F-150 forums (didn't mention these particular forums because I don't believe they sponsor here). I got it for $885 plus tax, free shipping. He said it was made to order and would take 4-6 weeks to ship, but I ended up getting it within less than 2 weeks. It drop shipped straight from the manufacturer.
I love their site and was on it looking for products but Lightning wasn't a choice and I got nervous. I looked at the ICE configs and it says the bed is 5'7" and I know the Lightning is 5"6". I'll definitely reach out.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I love their site and was on it looking for products but Lightning wasn't a choice and I got nervous. I looked at the ICE configs and it says the bed is 5'7" and I know the Lightning is 5"6". I'll definitely reach out.
I had the same concern but then I researched the dimensions for both. They're both 67.1 inches in length even though commonly referred to as 5'5". Here is what I posted on another thread:

Per Ford Authority, the Lightning bed measures 67.1 inches long, 50.6 inches wide, and 21.4 inches tall, providing 52.8 cubic feet of cargo space. (Also confirmed here at Ford official site)

Per Ford.com, the ICE has the same measurements for a 5.5’ box.

Sponsored
OP
OP

juzman

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline 2017
I had the same concern but then I researched the dimensions for both. They're both 67.1 inches in length even though commonly referred to as 5'5". Here is what I posted on another thread:

Per Ford Authority, the Lightning bed measures 67.1 inches long, 50.6 inches wide, and 21.4 inches tall, providing 52.8 cubic feet of cargo space. (Also confirmed here at Ford official site)

Per Ford.com, the ICE has the same measurements for a 5.5’ box.
OMG Thank you for sharing!!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
My truck is going into production this week. I'm starting to think of accessories. Any recommended tonneau covers that are known to fit the Lightning?
I'm personally going with the Retrax Pro XR. I want a slotted T-Rail system for cargo accessories.

On my other trucks I've been a fan of the BAK x4s though, which is a rolling style cover.

Can't go wrong with either one. There is also the BAK MX4 which is a tri-fold.

We've got great pricing on these so check out our site and MESSAGE ME for pricing (we're offering lower pricing right now then what you see on our site, just message me)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-f-150/2022-f-150-lightning/tonneau-covers/

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Can one use FordPass points and also use a discount code when Ford has a sale?
i was wondering this as well. They’ve extended the 20% sale until the end of July but there’s no obvious way to convert the ford rewards points online. They want you to go to the dealership to redeem them. That’s so Ford. The 20% sale is only online so i’m not sure it will be possible. I’ll need to try my dealer.

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
i was wondering this as well. They’ve extended the 20% sale until the end of July but there’s no obvious way to convert the ford rewards points online. They want you to go to the dealership to redeem them. That’s so Ford. The 20% sale is only online so i’m not sure it will be possible. I’ll need to try my dealer.
Any luck figuring this out?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
I did end up with the RetraxPRO XR on my truck. It fit perfect. We sell them on our site here btw:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-f-150/2022-f-150-lightning/tonneau-covers/

Another member pointed out that he built his truck with the Ford cover, which is the ReteraxPRO XR one for liek $1695 added on, but I can't seem to find that anymore so I don't think you can build it with that one anymore.

But the RetraxPRO XR is awesome. Has T-Rails on it for accessories. the Revovler x4s is also popular, which is what I run on the Raptor

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I just installed a Gator tonneau cover today for about $200.

It was a bit tricky installing and adjusting it.

First, it was too tight, so I couldn’t close it, but they have a simple system to mange the tension, so I eventually got the right fit.

The second problem was that once I finished everything and it closed right, I realized the whole thing was too close to the tailgate, so the Power Tailgate kept re-opening when it thought there was an obstruction. Once I move everything a fraction of an inch, it works perfectly and looks great.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? 1662258467868

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? 1662258496856

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Tonneau cover recommendations? 1662258545121

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I ended up getting the Ford aluminum roll up. Looks good, works good, easy to install. I’m sure you can get a BAK X2 for cheaper. They appear almost identical except for the logos. I had a bunch of ford pass points to use so i got the Ford version.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I ended up getting the Ford aluminum roll up. Looks good, works good, easy to install. I’m sure you can get a BAK X2 for cheaper. They appear almost identical except for the logos. I had a bunch of ford pass points to use so i got the Ford version.
After debating for weeks I ended up ording the aluminum roll up as well and it arrived today... $815 from Ford with their accessories discount recently, not sure how that worked out but it shipped and all.