• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looking for a cheap and good solution to prevent items from sliding in the bed

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0 Lariat SCREW Space White
I know the Bedrugs rugs keep items from sliding in the bed, but I am hoping to spend less than $168. I have a Line-x spray in and it doesn't have to look nice because the bed is covered anyways. I am looking for something that will prevent grocery bags, other stuff, from sliding back and forth in the bed. Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Do a google search for DIY bed dividers and you'll see hundreds of examples that will cost you a fraction of what your bidget is. Essentially just a boxed off area close to the tailgate that you can keep assorted items in. I missed how on my 2013, the back seats had hooks for your grocery bags.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do a google search for DIY bed dividers and you'll see hundreds of examples that will cost you a fraction of what your bidget is. Essentially just a boxed off area close to the tailgate that you can keep assorted items in. I missed how on my 2013, the back seats had hooks for your grocery bags.
Thanks @Majorplane . I failed to mention that I prefer a non-divider solution (perhaps something like a silicon mat) as the first option. Of course, if there is nothing like that to be found, I'll just stick a piece of 2X4 one or two ft. down the bed, but I am still hoping for a no divider.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The most versatile solution is an adjustable shower rod. They expand and have fine screw adjustments to make them tight, buy two ($12-$20 each) and then you can create cradles to retain any variety of sizes of cargo.

Or if you don't like the shower curtain rod idea, they do make 'small' cargo retaining rods, similar to what 18-wheelers use, but they run about $40

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...KSwvo_lgUc361DkovjBoCT20QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a roll of $5 shelf liner rubber anti slip stuff? from Walmart in the bed to use on top of the Line-x. I just unroll it and place boxes, milk crates etc. on it and bungie to a cleat or to a cargo rod that expands to the bed sides.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just cut a 1x10 to fit in the slots. Attached a bit of shim at the ends so it doesn't wobble. After I took this pic I drilled a few holes to attach bungees.

Ford F-150 Lightning Looking for a cheap and good solution to prevent items from sliding in the bed PXL_20210524_163312066

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
The most versatile solution is an adjustable shower rod. They expand and have fine screw adjustments to make them tight, buy two ($12-$20 each) and then you can create cradles to retain any variety of sizes of cargo.

Or if you don't like the shower curtain rod idea, they do make 'small' cargo retaining rods, similar to what 18-wheelers use, but they run about $40

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...KSwvo_lgUc361DkovjBoCT20QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
This. I bought something similar from Harbor Freight a few years ago for like 12-15 bucks. Worked like a charm with luggage.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
With my Fordpass points, I got a free F150 rubber bed mat.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With my Fordpass points, I got a free F150 rubber bed mat.

Does it hold things from shifting back and forth?
Do you happen to have the part number? I might as well use the points on something ?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
If you looking for something to mainly hold groceries and smaller stuff temporarily I use something like this (you can get an over-priced version from Ford Accessories, but if you have points to burn...).

You can put it in the bed or in the rear seat. Has a small cold bag (I bring that in the store usually with me to bag cold items directly).

It folds up and fits under the rear seat when you need the full bed for a big haul.

The biggest area is where the cold bag fits (if you want) the other areas you can drop your grocery bags in.

https://www.amazon.com/Farasla-Waterproof-Organizer-Insulated-Adjustable/dp/B0838Y5XHY

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you looking for something to mainly hold groceries and smaller stuff temporarily I use something like this (you can get an over-priced version from Ford Accessories, but if you have points to burn...).

You can put it in the bed or in the rear seat. Has a small cold bag (I bring that in the store usually with me to bag cold items directly).

It folds up and fits under the rear seat when you need the full bed for a big haul.

The biggest area is where the cold bag fits (if you want) the other areas you can drop your grocery bags in.

https://www.amazon.com/Farasla-Waterproof-Organizer-Insulated-Adjustable/dp/B0838Y5XHY

My main objective is to prevent items from shifting in the bed. Could be grocery bags (plastic or reusable), a box of something, a suitcase, etc. That's why I am trying to avoid a divider; I don't really want a divider. It works fine for every day use, but I am too lazy to climb onto the bed to remove it if, for example, I need to drive someone to the airport with a suitcase. I know, crazy excuse....that's what happens when you get older ?.
So ideally it would be a non-slipping surface, but I am also sensitive to weight - I don't want something too heavy either. Not sure how much the rubber mats weigh. I have the feeling the Bedrug mat is lighter than the rubber one.
Sponsored