• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MSRP increase on order summary

pjy

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
LE
Today I received an email from Ford that my order for my “price protected” Pro that I ordered in August had changed. When I logged in I saw that the MSRP showing on my order in the Ford website now showed as $55,974. Two days ago it was $46,974. Destination and delivery also increased by $100. Has anyone with price protection had the price increase on the web site but then receive price protection at purchase?
Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Today I received an email from Ford that my order for my “price protected” Pro that I ordered in August had changed. When I logged in I saw that the MSRP showing on my order in the Ford website now showed as $55,974. Two days ago it was $46,974. Destination and delivery also increased by $100. Has anyone with price protection had the price increase on the web site but then receive price protection at purchase?
Hi Pat,
This was the case with me also. I ordered Pro in August with the private offer and price protection from price increases. All was good until the MSRP increased. A couple of days after price increase, the dealer called and said that the scale and smart hitch will have to be removed because they didn't have the parts. After they removed those options, my MSRP in the window sticker has suddenly increased to the new increased MSRP.
Good thing, my dealer, Walnut Creek Ford in Northern California, is very honest and fair.
I kept calling the person at the dealer to confirm my private offer and price protection, but he could only confirm verbally on the phone and will not put it in writing. After I asked about the MSRP increase, they had to confirm with their Ford rep. about my order date. Ford rep confirmed that my price is protected at the time of order. It made me nervous until the very day I picked up the truck.
On the day of the pick up, my actual window sticker is still showing the new increased price.
I consider myself lucky to find this dealer and I had no issue when doing the paperwork, they reduce the price to the original price without me asking.

My suggestion is to call the dealer and ask them to check their system and get confirmation about your price protection. It will be best if they can confirm in writing. It will be dependent on the dealer, as they can act stupid. But also mention that you are involved in the Lightning forum and aware about the price protection processes. So they cannot take advantage of you. Hope this helps!

Reactions: pjy
OP
OP

pjy

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
LE
Appreciate the response. I’ll give them a call, they were honest and honored everything when I bought my bronco.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
According to Ford, your price is locked at time of order. The Window Sticker will show the MSRP at the time the window sticker was created, though.

That being said, many dealers have tried to screw people out of the price protection, the change in MSRP from order to delivery. They're either scummy or bad at their jobs, though, as Ford has said that you're protected to the price that you agreed to at order.

Ford F-150 Lightning MSRP increase on order summary details.thumb.JPG.7666bf6cb52b6bf4b0a7f9086f1e6b8a

tidemacedo

First Name
Aristides
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
That’s ridiculous. Plus more ridiculous taht you ordered in August and didn’t get it yet. I ordered my Lariat on November and was delivered first week of January. Seems like they really don’t want to delivery pros.

Sponsored

slypig

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
@Blainestang can you share the link to that page? I want to be able to show this to my dealership if they don't understand this.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
That’s ridiculous. Plus more ridiculous taht you ordered in August and didn’t get it yet. I ordered my Lariat on November and was delivered first week of January. Seems like they really don’t want to delivery pros.
I consider us Pro buyers lucky. When I ordered mine on 8/11 it said the estimated delivery was fall of '23 😅

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
@Blainestang can you share the link to that page? I want to be able to show this to my dealership if they don't understand this.
I believe it's from a document sent to dealers from Ford, not a publicly available document.

See this video here:

Where a dealer discusses how the price protection works and displays the explanation page I posted above. Starts at ~31:00 in the video if you want to skip to that part.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Seems like they're going to spread the August Pro orders across much of the year. Mine was built in the first full week of 2023 production, though, and was delivered in mid-November.
Sponsored