• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SOS: MY MSRP has increased after order

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Just got an email from Ford saying site has been updated. I checked my account and Base MSRP has been increased after I ordered (In August). It looks like it may have been updated in the past 24 hours. I called Ford and they are clueless and useless. The rep could not even see what I see on the site. They said dealer must have increased it. but it looks like it is Ford's new MSRP. I just didn't think they could do this after you place your order. Can some one shed some light on this before I call my dealer and lose my cool.

Before Today's pricing:

Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order Order_On_Ford_Site_Summary.JPG

Today pricing:

Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order PricingSummary.JPG
Sponsored

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My Pro order page is still at the original price. That sucks and I hope it's an easy fix.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
My pro price is still at the original price. Sorry this happed Maxx. I hope they get it sorted for you.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I just checked mine, it hasn't changed. Only difference between ours is the tailgate step. Hopefully you get this figured out buddy.
Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order Screenshot_20221116_082620_Chrome

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Dirtriderx99 , @anthafied , @BennyTheBeaver I appreciate the quick response. It was very helpful.

Anyone else please feel free to pitch in, if you know anything that can help. So far it looks like the dealer is trying to pull something. I sent them an email and will keep you posted in case yours try to get creative too.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
So far it looks like the dealer is trying to pull something.
That's not a dealer issue--that's from Ford. E31 and E27 changing would indicate dealer shenanigans. Ford needs to verify you're price-protected and you need to make sure you didn't make any changes to your order after any MSRP increases.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's not a dealer issue--that's from Ford. E31 and E27 changing would indicate dealer shenanigans. Ford needs to verify you're price-protected and you need to make sure you didn't make any changes to your order after any MSRP increases.
In all my previous calls, Ford has verified that I am price protected. However I thought price protection shows up only at the time of purchase? In fact one of Ford reps I talked to went out of her way to make sure she does not use that term. She kept calling it, "Model year transition private cash offer".

I am 100% sure I did not change anything. Only at the time of order the scale was removed. Base MSRP remained the same after that. I am not sure if dealer didn't mess with the order afterward however the options look the same.

pson41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro - SR
Same thing happened to me last night. I have a Pro order and the price increased to the current MSRP from the previous MY23 MSRP. I’m also deferred from MY22, so I should also have the private offer at the time of purchase.

I’m 90% sure “Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal” was added to my order. Based on previous posts, it seems like any order change updates the price. I’m in contact with my dealer hoping a removed item out of my control doesn’t increase the price.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same thing happened to me last night. I have a Pro order and the price increased to the current MSRP from the previous MY23 MSRP. I’m also deferred from MY22, so I should also have the private offer at the time of purchase.

I’m 90% sure “Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal” was added to my order. Based on previous posts, it seems like any order change updates the price. I’m in contact with my dealer hoping a removed item out of my control doesn’t increase the price.

Nice catch. I totally missed that.

I just had another call with Ford and the lady said "Ford site just changes to current pricing and there is nothing we can do to manually change it back. It is between you and the dealer what you will pay". I still have the $7000 model year discount but $7000 off of what is still up in the air. It sounds like this two cooks in the kitchen thing works for everyone except the customer. Dealer can point the finger at Ford and Ford at the dealer and we have to stay on our toes until the deal is done.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m 90% sure “Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal” was added to my order.

Do you know what this sensor does?

I have a feeling by the time it is my turn, it will be delivered like this:

Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order 1668625157990

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The whole two cooks in the kitchen scenario is why I finally left VW permanently after every years of brand loyalty. Bummer that Ford appears to operate similarly.

from what I’ve read, price protection and the private offer are two different things. seems like price protection would be found in smartVincent

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The whole two cooks in the kitchen scenario is why I finally left VW permanently after every years of brand loyalty. Bummer that Ford appears to operate similarly.

from what I’ve read, price protection and the private offer are two different things. seems like price protection would be found in smartVincent
Fairly certain both appear in Smart Vincent Report

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

1668625157990.jpeg
I’m sorry for laughing but that’s hilarious if it didn’t impact real people.

i think that sensor is the thing that keeps people’s hands outside your truck so it’s bizarre that it would even be removable. It’ll impact your insurance rates, too :(

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fairly certain both appear in Smart Vincent Report
Probably true. I don’t know but what I was trying to say is that smart Vincent has the ordered price and the dealer can go back to that where’s the private offer is some kind of bonus cash Ford is offering that is going to filter through the dealer to the customer (hopefully).

so they may both be in there but it seems like their two different things albeit both can effectively lower the purchase price

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

1668625157990.jpeg
Dang you got a carbonized Grey battery cover??? That's a 7k option lol, hopefully your dealer/Ford can make this right.
Sponsored