• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My dealer says they cannot get my vin number until truck is built

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
They also need that sales survey to be a 5.

I will say that my dealer - a small-town dealer - was awesome. They pulled my VVR every other week to look for progress, they occasionally dropped me a message letting me know where things stood, and they called me the night before the truck arrived to say that it was on its way and would be delivered. Other than the truck driver who unloaded it, I got to be the first person to drive it to their prep area (80 feet) or so, then they did all the prep work over the next day so I could pick it up that next afternoon.

It was definitely not your typical sleazy dealer. But I have had those experiences too. I pulled up to a larger St. Louis-area dealer in my Model S to get a KBB sales offer on the car and immediately had 4 salesvultures crawling up to me. I could feel the sleaze oozing from them as I sat and waited for their Internet person to take it for a test drive. In the end, I elected to trade it to the Ford dealer because of the sales tax credit Illinois gets (unlike Missouri and some other states, you only get credit if you trade to the same dealer you buy the new car from).
I need to switch to your dealer. That sounds like a dream.
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
They also need that sales survey to be a 5.

I will say that my dealer - a small-town dealer - was awesome. They pulled my VVR every other week to look for progress, they occasionally dropped me a message letting me know where things stood, and they called me the night before the truck arrived to say that it was on its way and would be delivered. Other than the truck driver who unloaded it, I got to be the first person to drive it to their prep area (80 feet) or so, then they did all the prep work over the next day so I could pick it up that next afternoon.

It was definitely not your typical sleazy dealer. But I have had those experiences too. I pulled up to a larger St. Louis-area dealer in my Model S to get a KBB sales offer on the car and immediately had 4 salesvultures crawling up to me. I could feel the sleaze oozing from them as I sat and waited for their Internet person to take it for a test drive. In the end, I elected to trade it to the Ford dealer because of the sales tax credit Illinois gets (unlike Missouri and some other states, you only get credit if you trade to the same dealer you buy the new car from).
Mine is isn’t sleazy by any means, just desensitized to the current customer experience of online sales, and, manufacturing/shipping delays.

My take is they’re frustrated that individual customers have access to all of the online tracking tools (only key sale people there appear to be able to access the VVR system) and real-time information about their vehicles being made, much more than the sales staff have the time to check for multiple customers. I get the sense it’s their view that we (the customers) know more than they (the sales persons) do, so why ask/bother me with your questions.

I feel bad for them…its as if the sales model for vehicles is changing, but their sales managers/dealership owners aren’t don’t know how to deal with it and prepare them to deal with their customers. I feel sorry for the sales staff…they’re caught in the middle…their job world (transitional vs internet sales) is changing and their not being prepared and given the tools to deal with it.

It has to be very frustrating for many…….

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
For the record I'm not saying El Cajon Ford is sleazey. In fact I think they are pretty good overall. It's just sometimes ( all areas of commerce) sales people act like they know everything when they don't. It was just a frustration point. Otherwise positive.
Sponsored