• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New charging port weather kit ?

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
The China inspired EBay boys will have a ball with this ! I hope.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
There's no space under the door for anything. This will need to be put on every time too.
I was trying to refer to that fact. You mentioned it would still need to be taken off, but even the Ford product has that limitation. Now, can you produce your cover in Azure Grey?

Sponsored

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I was trying to refer to that fact. You mentioned it would still need to be taken off, but even the Ford product has that limitation. Now, can you produce your cover in Azure Grey?
Matching the shade exactly, probably not. This one looks like it would be pretty close.

Ford F-150 Lightning New charging port weather kit ? 1000009916

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Scrapped the big cover idea. What do yall think about this

1000009915.jpg
I don't live where it freezes more than a few hours on the coldest nights of winter, but in a wet freeze wouldn't this get iced to the truck? If you still have to pull out a heat gun or blow dryer to get it off, what gain is it providing?

Computermedic78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I don't live where it freezes more than a few hours on the coldest nights of winter, but in a wet freeze wouldn't this get iced to the truck? If you still have to pull out a heat gun or blow dryer to get it off, what gain is it providing?
The same thing that the one from Fod provides but for a whole lot less than $85

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Drape a towel over it, secure with a piece of clothesline. No 3D printing, use an old towel, and an old piece of rope.

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I was planning to use one of those hoods that covers the whole works and attaches magnetically to the fender. Cheap, covers both door and ports, stays attached to the plug. But with the aluminum body you'd have to epoxy some magnets to the back of the fender. If I ever have it opened up enough to get access I will definitely do that, but at first glance it didn't seem all that easy to get to.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I ordered the weather kit sometime in early Jan to try it out on some snow storms that were forecasted, but it didn't arrive until late Feb even though it was listed as in-stock, just in time for any of the freezing rain/snow storms to subside and bring out the spring weather. Guess I'll have to wait until this winter.

..if we get one.