• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
If you watch videos of them showing the platinum with the tailgate open, the tail lights are the same. The tailgate covers up those reverse lights when it is closed. This is required by law for manufactures to do. Reverse lights and tail lights must be visible when the trunk / tailgate is open.
I currently own a 2011 audi q5 that I'm switching from and because the taillights are completely on the hatch (not visible when opened) it switches to tail lights on the rear bumper when it is open.
Yes, I'm aware that the Lariat and Platinum have the reverse light in the taillight cluster for when the tailgate is open. But they still look slightly different. It could be that the photos are tricking me, but the ones on the Lariat/Platinum appear to have compound curves and sort of a scoop-out in the black portion that mates with the tailgate tabs when it's closed, and give everything a "sculpted out of one block" appearance. Meanwhile, the Pro/XLT backup lights appear to have a simpler one-axis curve around the corner of the truck that more correctly matches up with the straight-sided tailgate.

Platinum - check out the contours of the black section:
Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning  PRO and XLT pictures in the flesh IMG_20210816_165319

Pro - smooth black section
Ford F-150 Lightning New F-150 Lightning  PRO and XLT pictures in the flesh pro_2_f0df372e15fbcbabbe8f442585997b8a3b6a3079
Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
They look kind of odd, missing the light bars across front and rear. Funny how quickly I have gotten used to it, after decades of trucks without any fancy lighting!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
They look kind of odd, missing the light bars across front and rear. Funny how quickly I have gotten used to it, after decades of trucks without any fancy lighting!
Wow - Thread from the Dead award goes to you this week!
Sponsored