• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NEW PRODUCT | KR Off-Road Air Compressor System for 2015+ F150s

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
UPDATE: This item is now IN STOCK

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
We're happy to announce that our new KR Off-Road Air Compressor Mounting System for the 2015+ F150s and 2017+ Super Dutys is available for pre-order. They'll be shipping out August 3rd from us.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...kit-for-2015-ford-f-150-2017-ford-super-duty/

This mounting system is made here in the USA out of stainless steel (final product will also be powder coated black) and allows you to mount an ARB or similar compressor (such as the UDA EGOI 2) in the bed of your F150. You can mount this on either the driver side or passenger side.

The mounting platform utilizes the existing cleat bolt pattern and you STILL RETAIN use of your bed cleats. Included in the kit is our power extension harness w/grommets which makes installation easy. Just connect the included power harness directly to your battery, plug in OUR extension harness and route it to the rear of your truck. We even include a grommet to protect and dress up the wire. Then plug the harness into the compressor. No splicing wires or cutting wires. We also include our switch panel that mounts on either side of the compressor and plugs directly into the compressor (no running switch wires either, it's all plug and play).

I've been running a similar setup on my F150 for the last year but now we're making this available to the public due to demand.

You can save 10% when you use coupon code F150GEN14 as well

Order yours here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...kit-for-2015-ford-f-150-2017-ford-super-duty/

Ford F-150 Lightning NEW PRODUCT | KR Off-Road Air Compressor System for 2015+ F150s Final1

Ford F-150 Lightning NEW PRODUCT | KR Off-Road Air Compressor System for 2015+ F150s Final2

Ford F-150 Lightning NEW PRODUCT | KR Off-Road Air Compressor System for 2015+ F150s Final3
Sponsored

Last edited:

HammaHamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PB, MME, ST
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
With more and more vehicles starting to add 120v 20a circuits, seems there's an expanding market to put some real power into a compressor for vehicles. If something like this unit here was able to lock into one of the ford bed accessory things with an optimized design, it'd be killer.

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html
You want to run around with a big compressor strapped in the back of your truck??? Not me. Those 120V systems are big.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Of all the vmac systems available, why would you mount it in the bed? Not ideal.

For the lightning in particular, a frunk mounted unit would be better or just like most other systems, bury it under the frame.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Of all the vmac systems available, why would you mount it in the bed? Not ideal.

For the lightning in particular, a frunk mounted unit would be better or just like most other systems, bury it under the frame.
Why not? It's easy, convenient, out of the way, quiet for people in the cabin. Perfect location. Why is it not ideal?

I used my Frunk more then anything so space was important in my frunk. Plus it's a plastic bucket that's in the frunk so nowhere to mount it. Remember this is not lightning specific it fits all 2015+ F150s regardless of engine, trim, etc...

You don't want your compressor outside the truck where it can get exposed to the elements. It'll get nasty looking and more difficult to install/service.

In the bed it's really nice and easy to install and you don't have to plumb lines throughout the truck.

Sponsored

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Very clean looking install.
I can’t speak to the compressor, but KR’s brackets are excellent quality.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Brackets are IN STOCK as are the harnesses. We're shipping orders out the same day they are placed!
Sponsored