• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
Ah someone has the same idea as myself. Smaller wheel larger tire, get some weight out and add some comfort.
I decided to keep the stock rim size/tire size so as not to screw with the mileage.

On our Bronco.. THAT is a different story

Ford F-150 Lightning Niche Vice Wheels & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires on F-150 Lightning Bronco5
Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Very Nice! Looks like 20’s are perfect! What’s the offset and load rating on those wheels??
I think it’s 2300 lbs. and from what I found that size is +30 offset and they weigh 43lbs each.

Last edited:

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Ah someone has the same idea as myself. Smaller wheel larger tire, get some weight out and add some comfort.
Those wheels weigh 43lbs and the tires weigh 42lbs. That’s more weight than my 22” setup.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

Nickbommer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning xlt ordered
Occupation
IT
Please lightly tint the LED bar up front. Would look sick on against the white!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Honeslty they feel the same. I DO feel a little difference with the tires BUT today was the first day I also drove the lightning in a decent amount of rain. We had a nice heavy rain today so it was different from all the other times.

Doesn't help it was the first time it rained since I got the lightning AND the first time with new tires/wheels. Felt great though

Any update on this tire/wheel setup? Still like the ride/noise/grip?

Do you have any idea on the amount of range reduction? Looking for similar setup or perhaps the same wheel with a less aggressive more road style tire. I wantbetter all season(winter/snow in upstate NY) but don't really go off road. I would prefer to go only slightly more aggressive tread than stock, but not increase the rolling resistance too much.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Any update on this tire/wheel setup? Still like the ride/noise/grip?

Do you have any idea on the amount of range reduction? Looking for similar setup or perhaps the same wheel with a less aggressive more road style tire. I wantbetter all season(winter/snow in upstate NY) but don't really go off road. I would prefer to go only slightly more aggressive tread than stock, but not increase the rolling resistance too much.
Slight road noise since it's a higher tread. And the fact that's all you hear in our trucks, lol. No engine noises :)

Range is tough to say. I just reset my truck today so it said 325 miles obviously. We'll see how it does over the next week or so.

BEFORE the reset and before the tire change. I was around 280-290 on a charge.

Then lately it's been about 250, but that's also got a lot to do with my driving habbits and it being new im driving it fast.

Today I reset it and drove like a normal person to work and got 2.2 mi/kwh before I got to my destination

I had the same concerns as you. I'm here in NY so wanted something with more tread for the winter. I'm sure Fords tire choice is FINE but we know we can always get more grip. I'd rather give up range (which will happen ANYWAY in the winter) and be safer with a more agressive tire in the winter.

It might not be a bad idea for me to keep my stock wheels/tires and put them on before a long road trip, like the one i'm planning to FL. That'll give me more range then.
Sponsored