• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Outdoor Pedestal for Extreme Winter?

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I'm finally installing my 50 amp line next to my shed in Tahoe. I've been keeping and charging my Lightning at my parent's house until now. My electrician will be out next week and the following for installation. I'm trying to find someone who has installed a pedestal for the Charge Station Pro outside of their house and see what kind of pedestal they bought. If someone has done this in a wintery location, I would love it if you shared what you bought and if you like it.

Believe me, I know what I am up against and am going to build a heavy-duty snow-rated awning over the pedestal next to the shed.

I'm currently shopping for an outdoor pedestal right now. I didn't really see anything on this forum, but I may have missed it while searching. Thank you for your time!

Ford F-150 Lightning Outdoor Pedestal for Extreme Winter? image_50446593.JPG
Ford F-150 Lightning Outdoor Pedestal for Extreme Winter? image_50372865.JPG
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I will come and help you plan the installation. February works good...

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I will come and help you plan the installation. February works good...
You damn near made me choke on my summer beverage right now. 😂😂
Things got so bad this last winter people were snow shoeing and hitching rides on snow mobiles to get the food market. County plows didn’t show up for 4 days straight.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I made an outdoor pedestal for my Tesla because I mounted the wall charger in the garage ( in case I ever clean it out enough that the car will fit). The base is 4x4s, heavy and large enough to be stable. From the base, up about 4 feet is a piece of plastic pipe like 2 1/2” diameter. Cut a space in the side of the pipe large enough for the charger head to fit. Obtain a 2’ piece of pipe the nxt size down plus a cap for it. The piece of pipe needs to be long enough to close off the hole you made in the side of the 4’ pipe When you are plugged in to your truck. To use, lift the short pipe, stick the head of your charge cord in the hole you made in the side of the large pipe, and drop the short pipe in from the top. The short piece of pipe also needs to be large enough to fit over the head of your charge cord to keep the head of the charge cord from falling out. Paint the long pipe and the cap on the short pipe it to match your house. I don’t coil up the cord.
Sponsored