• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Photos or video of amp/sub install

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Does anyone know of or want to make a video of an amp/sub install on a lightning? Specifically I'd like to see how you routed the power wire from the 12v to the back of the cabin. I have a non-amplified Pro, so for hooking into the speakers, I'd go under the door sill covers on each side I think.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It all really depends on what size cable you are running. First thing to note - these trucks are built just like the ICE, so look for and watch videos on how cables are routed on them and you can do the very same thing with the Lightning.

If you need a 00 gauge or close to it, you have to go under the truck. It truly is easy to do and you shouldn't be afraid of it. You drill through the floor and use a "Cable Gland" that you run the cable through. Use zip ties, etc to secure it under the truck and up to the battery. This size cable will not fit in the existing cable paths with what is already there. Just use those for the speakers as you already noted.

If you don't need a lot of power and you have a much smaller cable then it might fit into those cable trays, but not likely.

Sounds Good Stereo has a YouTube channel and at one time had a few FULL install videos. They were a few hours long. Well worth your time to take advantage of what they are sharing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Photos or video of amp/sub install IMG_3373
Ford F-150 Lightning Photos or video of amp/sub install IMG_3371

Last edited: