• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poll: Has your dealer disclosed your place in line for a Lightning order invite?

Has your dealer disclosed your place in line?

• Total voters

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm interested in knowing how many people have been told their place in line for an order invite.
Sponsored

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I'm interested in knowing how many people have been told their place in line for an order invite.
My dealership will not tell me my place in line, and I do not believe the total number of orders my dealership has quoted.

My reservation is with a small dealership in Northern New Jersey and they have stated they have 326 reservations.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
Honestly, I haven't asked. My order will come up when it's time. I actually want a bit later order, just to let Ford work out the bugs in the production. Not sure I want one of the first 5000 trucks off the line. Plus once trucks get out in the wild, Ford will be collecting more operational data, if they see a software issue they will work on a patch.

Anybody getting an early truck will need to be ready for something that is not perfect. But I'm sure we will see many bitch threads of the same stupid issue over and over again.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
After owning a Mach-E for a month and living in east cost, I don’t know if I will be willing to trade my PB or Ram diesel for lightening ?

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
We're Number Two! We're Number Two!

#1 did get a first wave invite. Just hope my dealer has 2 allocations, LOL.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
After owning a Mach-E for a month and living in east cost, I don’t know if I will be willing to trade my PB or Ram diesel for lightening ?
Also live in the northeast, and after getting our Mach-e (only 2 weeks for us), I can't wait to trade my 2016 XLT (2.7L) for my Lightning (to be fair - if I had a 2021 PB I might be thinking differently - you have a much nicer truck than me!). Yes, you get cold weather range reduction, but you just plan around it. I feel guilty now every time I have to stop for gas.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also live in the northeast, and after getting our Mach-e (only 2 weeks for us), I can't wait to trade my 2016 XLT (2.7L) for my Lightning (to be fair - if I had a 2021 PB I might be thinking differently - you have a much nicer truck than me!). Yes, you get cold weather range reduction, but you just plan around it. I feel guilty now every time I have to stop for gas.
Just got my electric bill yesterday, price gone up by 4 cents, overall I have to do new calculations. Don’t see any serious advantage over ICE

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just got my electric bill yesterday, price gone up by 4 cents, overall I have to do new calculations. Don’t see any serious advantage over ICE
What are you paying per kWhr? Ours went up to $0.162 per kWhr, but it is still far cheaper to charge than pay for gas at that rate.

Here is some rough math for the cost to drive 1000 miles at 15mpg (current track average) and 2 mi/kWhr assumed for the Lightning

Current truck 1000mi / 15mpg = 66.67 gallons. Current fuel prices ~$4.10/gallon for 91 octane (what I use) = ~$273

Lightning 1000mi / 2mi/kWhr = 500 kWhrs. Using 90% charging efficiency ( a little less than Ford show in their numbers) = ~555kWhrs of electricity. At 16.2 cents per kWhr = ~$90.

If I drive 1000 miles a month (I don't but that is a average many use), that saves me ~$180/mo.!

Note: Fast charging is going to run about the same cost per mile a gas (give or take), but that is only for road trips a few times a year.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
What are you paying per kWhr? Ours went up to $0.162 per kWhr, but it is still far cheaper to charge than pay for gas at that rate.

Here is some rough math for the cost to drive 1000 miles at 15mpg (current track average) and 2 mi/kWhr assumed for the Lightning

Current truck 1000mi / 15mpg = 66.67 gallons. Current fuel prices ~$4.10/gallon for 91 octane (what I use) = ~$273

Lightning 1000mi / 2mi/kWhr = 500 kWhrs. Using 90% charging efficiency ( a little less than Ford show in their numbers) = ~555kWhrs of electricity. At 16.2 cents per kWhr = ~$90.

If I drive 1000 miles a month (I don't but that is a average many use), that saves me ~$180/mo.!

Note: Fast charging is going to run about the same cost per mile a gas (give or take), but that is only for road trips a few times a year.
We're averaging 1000 miles a month with our ID.4, with me working from home and my wife doing virtual learning with the kids. We just love driving it that much. Both fast charging locations in town are still free and we get three free years with Electrify America, so we probably plug in at home about half the time. Based on this and planned usage we're at least saving $2,500 a year not driving our remaining ICE vehicle. Our utility charges only 10 cents per kWhr, so even if we were solely charging at home its still a huge savings. Plus no oil changes.

Overall, its just fun to drive and you feel little guilt (utility is heavy on renewables and in process of decommissioning a coal plant because of that).

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Do you even believe what your dealer is telling you? Is there any concrete/will hold up in court validation?

Sponsored

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

My previous cost with tax and other charges were $.21/kw, recent bill is up.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We're averaging 1000 miles a month with our ID.4, with me working from home and my wife doing virtual learning with the kids. We just love driving it that much. Both fast charging locations in town are still free and we get three free years with Electrify America, so we probably plug in at home about half the time. Based on this and planned usage we're at least saving $2,500 a year not driving our remaining ICE vehicle. Our utility charges only 10 cents per kWhr, so even if we were solely charging at home its still a huge savings. Plus no oil changes.

Overall, its just fun to drive and you feel little guilt (utility is heavy on renewables and in process of decommissioning a coal plant because of that).
No doubt fun to drive Mach-E, but not sure I want to get handicap with a truck EV

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
No doubt fun to drive Mach-E, but not sure I want to get handicap with a truck EV
If the coming generation of Lightning isn't for you, it isn't for you. I think it'll be fine for most people who aren't towing massive wind screens 500 miles each way, in the cold, and not wanting to stop. Someday EV trucks will catch up to those expectations, but its not there yet for sure. For me, there is very little inconvenience as I don't tow often, want to save money, and want to be able to haul stuff. Its perfect as-is for most of us suburbanites who really only want it for going to home improvement stores and helping family, friends, and neighbors with their truck needs.

Its also likely going to be very, very fun to drive. :)

Dhudge007

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Toyota Sienna Indian MC
Go talk to your dealer. If they don’t know, won’t tell you, or don’t seem trustworthy, why would you spend 60K +++++ with them? I stopped in today, my dealer told me how many reserved with them how many They believe Ford is allotting them and where I am in their order. Looks like I should be in wave 3 and they think have model year 2022 Lightning before end of the year.
Sponsored